My Best Pressure Cooker Recipes
Why I love my pressure cooker
I love my pressure cooker. I started out with the Power Pressure cooker XL I bought from QVC several years ago but upgraded to the 8 qt Instant Pot DUO80 7-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker a few years ago during the prime day sale. (I wanted to be able to make my own low carb yogurt - yum!)
I've tried many recipes in my pressure cooker and my favorite foods to cook in it are soups and stews, large cuts of meat, eggs, and of course, desserts. I've done a few pasta recipes, but in my opinion, I still prefer most pastas recipes on the stovetop.
Why you need a pressure cooker:
- The benefit of the pressure cooker is the ability to cook foods in significantly less time. Yes, you do have to wait for the pressure cooker to come to pressure, (which can take 5 to 15 minutes) but that is still faster than low and slow in the oven or slow cooker. (Perfectly cooked, fall-apart brisket in 90 Minutes? Sign me up!)
- You don't have to babysit the food! Once you press the button - snap! You can do other things and not have to stand around in a hot kitchen.
- Saves energy, especially in the summer months. Once again - not heating up the kitchen and cooking in 2/3rds the time.
- And one of my favorites? You can cook many cuts of meat from frozen! You can eliminate an entire day of defrosting something in the fridge.
Recommended Pressure cookers and accessories:
- Instant Pot 8 quart DUO80 (the one that does yogurt
- Fagor 8 qt pressure cooker
- Pressure Cooker Meals: Recipes, Tips, and Explanations
- 8 Quart Pressure Cookers Accessories Set, Compatible with Instant Pot 8 Qt (this is everything you need!)