Looking for a delicious pizza recipe that’s a bit different from what you might normally make? This Chicken and Mushroom White Pizza is sure to please! The flavors of alfredo sauce, sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and chicken come together to make one delicious pizza.
Thank you to Horizon for partnering with me to bring you this yummy recipe.
My family is a bunch of total pizza fanatics! Doesn’t matter what kind, if you can put it on some sort of crust, layer cheese on top and call it a pizza, we’ll eat it!
The kids aren’t discriminating at all when it comes to their pizza- they don’t care if it comes frozen in a box, a pizza buffet, take out, or a pizza I made from scratch. If it looks like a pizza, They will be happy!
For myself, I’m a bit more discriminating when it comes to what kind of pizza I’ll eat. I like fresh vegetables, flavorful ingredients and if there’s meat on the pizza, it can’t be too greasy (like pepperoni or a heavy, spicy sausage.)
Probably why I like this pizza so much!
This pizza is loaded with all of my favorite’s: butter, cream, parmesan, chicken, mushrooms garlic and spinach. Yum!
When it comes to the alfredo sauce used on the pizza, don’t try to substitute a jarred alfredo! A homemade alfredo really only takes a few minutes to whip up and tastes divine! I used Horizon Organic Heavy Cream and butter for the sauce, it was so rich and creamy- totally makes the pizza. (I like that the Horizon Organic Dairy products are produced without the use of antibiotics or growth hormones.)
With this delicious sauce, I was even able to sneak in spinach and mushrooms on the pizza with no complaint from the peanut gallery!
Chicken and Mushroom White Pizza Recipe:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
Chicken and Mushroom White Pizza
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pizza crust (Prebaked or your own- just follow the directions for your crust.)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 cup (or more) sliced baby bella or button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup diced precooked chicken
- 1/2 cup torn spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- (optional toppings like bacon bits and/or black olives)
- Preheat oven to 400. (I sometimes like to pre-bake my ready-made crust a bit. I think this helps the crust not get too soggy when it is loaded down.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine whipping cream, butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook over medium-low heat until smooth, about 4 minutes). Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)
- Add butter and mushrooms to saute pan. Over med-high heat, saute mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute another 3 minutes. Add diced chicken to pan, stirring around so the chicken absorbs all the leftover butter and garlic and is heated through.
- Spread alfredo sauce over pizza crust. Top with about 1/4 of the mozzarella. Top the sauce and cheese with the mushroom/chicken mixture and then add spinach.
- Drizzle a bit more of the alfredo over everything, then add the rest of the shredded mozzarella
- Cook pizza for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese and crust begins to turn golden brown. (But not burnt!)
Love pizza as much as we do? Be sure to check these recipes out: