This decadent Chocolate Marshmallow fudge is simple to make on the stovetop and tastes absolutely AMAZING!!
This decadent chocolate fudge recipe is a bit different from the way I normally make fudge (sweetened condensed milk and chocolate morsels.)
I was intrigued by the addition of marshmallows and wanted to try the recipe.
Being that yesterday was our 14th wedding anniversary, I thought this fudge would be the perfect sweet treat for my hubby.
Especially since hubby has poison oak/ivy on his face (and other areas 🙁 ) so we cancelled the babysitter and stayed in. (He’d been working in the yard and must have been wiping the sweat from his face and smeared the poison oils all over his face.)
Oh my gosh, this fudge turned out so rich and decadent, it is amazing! I can’t recommend this marshmallow fudge recipe enough!!!
I had my doubts as I was putting the fudge together, but as you can see, it turned out beautifully.Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Pro Recipe Tip:
I was doubting the recipe due to the trouble I was having getting the large marshmallows to melt, but a reader commented and told me to snip the marshmallows into smaller pieces. Hello… Genius!
Now, here is the kicker…
I found this recipe on the front page of the Weight Watcher’s website and it is 3 points per piece! (3 points on the 2012 version of WW.)
This decadent Chocolate Marshmallow fudge is simple to make on the stovetop and tastes absolutely AMAZING!! (recipe from weight watchers)
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate morsels
- 14 large marshmallows
- Chopped pecans (optional)
- Coarsely ground sea salt (optional)
- Coat an 8- X 8-inch pan with cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, evaporated milk and butter. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate and marshmallows; remove pan from heat and stir until smooth. (I found I actually needed to return the pan to the lowest heat setting to get the marshmallows to melt. I definitely got an arm workout stirring…)
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, top with a handful of chopped pecan and a bit of coarsely ground sea salt if you wish and refrigerate until firm. (about 2 hours.) Cut into thirty-six squares and serve.
- Store fudge in refrigerator.
Keywords: chocolate, fudge