Do you or someone you love, eat gluten free? If so, I’ve got a great Gluten Free Pasta w/ Sausage and Kale recipe to share with you today! Thanks to Barilla® & Aidells®in partnering with me to bring you this yummy pasta recipe- all opinion are 100% mine.
We’ve got visitors this week and the family eats gluten free due to one of their children’s special dietary needs. No one wants to eat out for every meal so when putting together this weeks grocery list, I planned ahead and came up with a few gluten free meals that would feed several people AND would be easy to put together. We’ll do fajitas, nachos with the fajita leftovers and, I’ll make this super easy and light, Gluten Free Pasta w/ Sausage and Kale recipe.
I’m working on my meal planning routine and try to put my grocery list together based on the current week’s sales. I do this by checking the store flyer that comes in the mail and also checking the app of the store where I’ll be shopping for special deals and coupons.
I did this weeks shopping at Target since I also needed to hit up Hobby Lobby, which is right next door. (HL has some great spring/seasonal fabric right now- just sayin!) Target has a great app, (cartwheel) you can search coupons and deals and add the digital coupon to your account- then use the coupons when checking out. (So no more forgetting your coupons at home!)
Just in case you’ve never tried gluten free pasta, the Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta is the #1 rated band and is certified gluten free. It has no GMO ingredients, is made with a blend of corn and rice and has the taste and texture of classic pasta.
Even though sausage makes a frequent appearance at out house, we’ve actually never tried the Aidells® brand before. Can I just say the addition of the apple to this chicken sausage makes it taste unbelievably good! (The Aidells® Sausage is also Gluten-Free with no Nitrites or added hormones.)
Gluten Free Pasta with Sausage and Kale Recipe
- 2 cups Barilla® gluten free pasta
- 8 oz Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage
- 4 cups uncooked kale, stems removed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup reserved pasta cooking liquid
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, slice sausage into rounds and cook in large skillet over medium heat. Add kale; cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes
- Add chicken broth to skillet and scrape up browned bits on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook until kale is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to skillet. Heat uncovered an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.
You might also enjoy these pasta recipes that could easily be made with gluten free pasta:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.