Mango Margarita Recipe
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A Mango Margarita is the ultimate fruity summer drink. This delicious frozen drink recipe uses fresh mangos and mango nectar, so it’s easy, delicious and full of Mango flavor!
In case you couldn’t tell from my last few posts, we’ve really been enjoying our Cancun vacation. But why oh why, did we wait until the second to last day to make Mango Margaritas?
This recipe is so easy and so good, I definitely want to have these a few more times while enjoying my gorgeous view from the hotel balcony!
Isn’t the color just gorgeous? Even with the not so great hotel provided blender, they turned our beautifully!!!
How is a Mango Margarita Different from a Regular Margarita
A frozen mango margarita is very similar to a classic frozen margarita, the main difference is the use of fresh or frozen mangoes. A mango margarita will typically include mangoes, lime juice, tequila, and Grand Marnier or Cointreau or even orange juice. (I also have a secret tip shared below, involving mango juice.)
Ingredients in a Mango Margarita
Is this post making you thirsty for a mango margarita? If so make sure to add these ingredients to your shopping list:
- Fresh Mangoes
- Lime juice or margarita mix
- Either Grand Marnier, Cointreau or orange juice or mango juice
How to Make Mango Margaritas:
Once you have the right ingredients, making a mango margarita really is as easy as it sounds.
Step 1: Layer the mangoes, liquid ingredients, sugar and ice in the blender and blend until desired consistency is reached. (Don’t forget to save a bit of sugar for your margarita glass.)
Step 2: Dip the rim of your cup in water and then sugar, add the mango margarita, garnish with some fresh mango and a paper umbrella and you are set!
Mango Margarita Recipe tips:
- First and most important tip: Try not to use frozen mangos from the store if you can help it. I’ve tried many brands of frozen mangos, and most of them taste weird. Fresh mangoes are best!
- The second (and truly secret tip to the best mango margaritas) takes a bit of pre-preparation, but the result makes an even more delicious mango margarita: use mango nectar and make ice cubes from the nectar and replace some of the regular ice with mango ice cubes. This trick gives you the most amazing mango flavor.
- I recommend the use of fresh limes for the lime juice. Fresh lime juice just tastes better than the bottled stuff.
- Give your mango margarita a taste and adjust if needed: Not strong enough? Add more tequila. Too sweet? Add more lime. Not sweet enough? Add sugar!
- Salt (or sugar) the rim of your glass. This frozen mango margarita is just so good! You can put it over the to by adding salt (or sugar – personally I prefer a sweeter margarita over sour) to the rim of your glass.
Can I make this Mango Margarita Recipe on the rocks?
Of course! If you don’t have a blender, rim a glass with sugar. Then carefully add ice, 4 oz of mango juice, juice for a small lime, 1 oz of tequila, and 1 oz of Grand Marnier or Cointreau. Stir and enjoy.
Love tropical drinks? Be sure to check out my round-up of all the Best Tropical Drinks we made while on vacation.
Products used and recommended in this post:
- My Blender: Vitamix 5200 2 HP motor (This is an Amazon link, though I bought mine when it was the QVC deal of the day on 6 easy pays)
- Ninja 1100 watts- have not tried this blender, but that’s a lot of watts for the $$)
- Nutribullet (900 watts)
- Hamilton Beach (700 watts)
- mango nectar
- ice cubes trays
- Paper umbrellas
- (not used, but this is the most awesome ice cream scoop ever)
Mango Margarita Recipe
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: drinks
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: beverage
A Mango Margarita is the ultimate fruity summer drink.This Mango Margarita Recipe uses fresh mangos and mango nectar, it’s easy, delicious and full of Mango flavor!
- 10 oz fresh or frozen diced mango (about 2.5 cups and the riper the better!)
- 2 oz lime juice or margarita mix
- 4 to 5 oz tequila
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau or orange juice or mango juice)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons superfine sugar (give the mixture a taste test before serving to see if it needs the extra sugar)
- 2 cups ice (regular and/or mango ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Dip the rim of your cup in water and then sugar. (The sugar would not stick to my plastic cups or I would have added sugar to ours too.)
- Add the mango margarita and serve.
Keywords: mango, mango margarita, tropical drinks
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.
Great recipe! I exchanged agave syrup for the sugar turned out great
Delicious!! Used mango nectar ice cubes!