I’ve got the most awesomely delicious mango margarita recipe for you today! A Mango Margarita is the ultimate fruity summer drink. This Mango Margarita Recipe uses fresh mangos and mango nectar, so it’s easy, delicious and full of Mango flavor!
How to Make a Mango Margarita:
In case you couldn’t tell from my last few posts, we’ve really been enjoying our Cancun vacation. But why oh why, did we wait until the second to last day to make Mango Margaritas?
This recipe is so easy and so good, I definitely want to have these a few more times while enjoying my gorgeous view from the hotel balcony!
Isn’t the color just gorgeous? Even with the not so great hotel provided blender, they turned our beautifully!!!
(Be sure to check out my round up of all the Best Tropical Drinks we made while on vacation.)
Secret Mango Margarita Recipe tips:
- First and most important tip: Try not to use frozen mangos from the store if you can help it. I’ve tried many brands of frozen mangos, and most of them taste weird. Fresh mangoes are best!
- The second (and truly secret tip to the best mango margarita) takes a bit of pre-preparation, but the result is an even more delicious mango margaritas: use mango nectar and make ice cubes from the nectar and replace some of the regular ice with mango ice cubes. This trick gives you the most amazing mango flavor.
Products used and recommended in this post:
- My Blender: Vitamix 5200 2 HP motor (This is an Amazon link, though I bought mine when it was the QVC deal of the day on 6 easy pays)
- Ninja 1100 watts- have not tried this blender, but that’s a lot of watts for the $$)
- Nutribullet (900 watts)
- Hamilton Beach (700 watts)
A Mango Margarita is the ultimate fruity summer drink.This Mango Margarita Recipe uses fresh mangos and mango nectar, it’s easy, delicious and full of Mango flavor!
- 10 oz fresh or frozen diced mango (about 2.5 cups and the riper the better!)
- 2 oz lime juice or margarita mix
- 4 to 5 oz tequila
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau or orange juice or mango juice)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons superfine sugar (give the mixture a taste test before serving to see if it needs the extra sugar)
- 2 cups ice (regular and/or mango ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Dip the rim of your cup in water and then sugar. (The sugar would not stick to my plastic cups or I would have added sugar to ours too.)
- Add the mango margarita and serve.
Keywords: mango, mango margarita, tropical drinks