This Pink Moscato Wine Slushie Recipe just might be the perfect adult treat to end the day. With only one ingredient, these wine slushies are easy to make and are a perfect summer frozen drink!
Pink Moscato Slushie
I am definitely a fan of wine. Not all wines, of course as I don’t particularly care for oakey/dry reds and whites; but do love a glass of a semi-sweet Moscato in the evenings.
I especially enjoy the Barefoot Pink Moscato I am using in today’s wine slushie recipe. This wine is on my list of all time faves, ranking in at about a #3. (Barefoot gets #1 on price, but we have a couple of local wineries that also have amazing off-dry rose’s. Those other two wines cost more, but rank higher for me due to their higher alcohol content and lower residual sugar.)
The Barefoot Pink Moscato is sweet with hints of cherries, raspberries and mandarin oranges and there’s no denying that pretty color of pink! And with a bottle coming in around $5, it is the perfect Pink Moscato to use in a wine slushie!
Why You Need to Make this Wine Slushie Recipe!
I’m not kidding when I say you need to make this wine slushie recipe ASAP, it’s the perfect frozen summer drink!
- This Pink Moscato Wine Slushie is easy to make (with a ice cream maker that is.)
- It’s only one ingredient, Wine!
- Pink Moscato tastes just as amazing frozen as it does chilled.
- Wine slushies are the ultimate summer adult beverage. The perfect marriage of wine and a frozen summer drink!
And the other part that I love about this wine slushie recipe is that it’s a “slow sipper”. (Otherwise it is brain freeze-city, lol!)
There’s nothing quite like sitting out on the back patio, watching the sunset, or maybe poolside with my adult-only slushie in hand.
Ah, the perks of being an adult.
What Kind of Wine is Pink Moscato?
Moscato is a sweet wine with a slighty fizzy finish and often has flavors of peach and berries.
The Barefoot Pink Moscato gets it pretty color by being exposed to the grape skins during processing. (Although other pink wines and roses will sometimes get their coloring by being a blend of red and white.)
Do You Refrigerate Pink Moscato Wine?
Yes, this type of wine tends to have the best taste and flavor when it’s chilled. And if you’re supposed to chill Pink Moscato, just think how awesome it’s going to take when it’s freezing cold in slushie form!
Can I Use Other Wines to Make Slushies?
Of course! Use any wine you like. I’m partial to the Pink Moscato because it is already so fruity and sweet on its own – no need to add anything.
How To Make a Pink Moscato Slushie
You are going to love how easy it is to make this one ingredient wine slushie with an ice cream maker.
- Grab a bottle of your favorite Moscato Wine, pour it into your ice cream maker (I have this one.)
- Press start.
- Process til frozen/desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving glass add a few raspberries (or other summer fruit) for garnish and enjoy!
Can You Make a Wine Slushie Without an Ice Cream Maker?
Of course you can! There are two other methods that work great for making wine slushies without an ice cream maker.
- The first method would be to freeze your wine in ice cube tray. Once frozen, blend the frozen wine cubes in a blender. The wine cubes will be easy to blend since the alcohol keeps the wine from freezing solidly like water does.
- Method two, would be to use wine and frozen fruit and blend together in the blender. (It’s the method I used to make these Peach Mango Wine Slushies.)
A third method, which is not quite the same, but is equally delicious, is to just add a scoop or two of a fruit sorbet to your chilled wine. I did that in this Mango Peach Moscato Cocktail. (There are tons of flavor combinations you could do with this method!)
More Amazing Frozen Drink Recipes
Nothing to this simple drink recipe, right?! This is one tasty treat that you’ll be saying “cheers” to for years to come!
Pin the Recipe here:
Pink Moscato Slushie
This Pink Moscato Slushie is a sweet frozen wine drink with hints of cherries, raspberries and mandarin oranges.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: drinks
- Method: ice cream maker
- 1 (or 2) cold bottles of Pink Moscato
- fresh fruit for garnish
- Tools needed: Ice cream maker with a clear lid so you can see the slushies progress)
- Add the wine to the ice cream maker and process til desired consistancy is reached.
- Spoon into glass and garnish with pretty fruit.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 155
Keywords: wine slushie, drinks, wine