This Lean ‘N Green Crock Pot Chili Recipe is a yummy lightened up Green Chili recipe made in the slow cooker and is only 241 calories per serving!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Lean ‘n Green Crock-pot Chili
This recipe is based on a green chili recipe I found in an old Pampered Chef cookbook (love me some Pampered Chef, lol.
I changed the recipe up a bit based on what my family likes and the ingredients I had on hand, plus made it crock pot friendly.
The calories were calculated using the My Fitness Pal recipe matching tool. They have a great recipe analyzer that keeps you from having to enter each and every ingredient separately. The recipe clocks in at 8 servings at 241 calories each and it is very filling.
The secret to making this chili so thick and rich without added cream is the broken up corn tortillas.
My kids and hubby gobbled this up, I hope yours do too!
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week! Print
This lean and Green Crock Pot Chili Recipe is a yummy lightened up Green Chili recipe made in the slow cooker and is only 241 calories per serving!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 to 2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper (about 1/4 tsp each)
- 2 cans of fat free chicken broth
- 1 can of green enchilada sauce (or 1 1/2 cup of salsa verde)
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas broken into very small pieces (divided)
- 3/4 cup of corn
- 2 cans of beans, drained and rinsed (Black or pinto)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 evaporated milk or (1/3 cup of dry milk and 1/2 cup water)
- 2 tsp snipped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Add chicken, chopped onion, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, spices and half of the broken up corn tortillas to the crock-pot and mix everything together.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Once the chili has cooked for 4 hours, add the corn, beans, and the rest of the broken up tortillas to the crock pot.
- Stir the cornstarch into the evaporated milk (or dry milk/water) until completely dissolved.
- Mix cornstarch Mixture into the chili.
- Cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Serve and then top with optional sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro.
Keywords: slow cooker, soup, chili, healthy