Today I’m sharing this yummy recipe for a super easy, Potato, Egg and Cheese Waffles (with bacon too!)
Shout out to Simply Potatoes for teaming up with me to bring you this yummy breakfast recipe.
When it comes to weekend breakfasts at our house, if you want something other than cereal or oatmeal; hubby tends to be the cook. I get up early during the week with the kids and for some reason, I just can’t find the motivation to cook a big breakfast on the weekend. I do cook pretty much every night, though. Sometimes it’s an elaborate spread and other times it’s just something simple. (I like to cook, but I want it to be easy.)
On busy nights, my trick for keeping meal prep easy is to use pre-prepared food items- like pre-chopped and pre-washed bagged veggies and pre-cooked and shredded potatoes. (Like the Simply Potatoes – you can get them cut, diced and even mashed! (Visit the Simply Potatoes Breakfast Lovers page for more recipes.)
These bacon, potato, egg and cheese waffles are great for breakfast, but they’re even better for dinner. The kids are always excited when they find out we’re having breakfast for dinner. (There’s just something about the idea of breakfast foods at dinner time that makes it feel like an extra special treat and this meal is perfect for the nights dad works late.)
I used my waffle maker for this recipe, but if you don’t have a waffle maker, they would be just as yummy scrambled or cooked pancake-style!
Potato, Egg and Cheese Waffles (with bacon!)
These fun and delicious waffles are stuffed with eggs, bacon, potato and cheese! They are great for Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 2 waffles (depending on the size of your waffle iron)
- 1 1/3 cup of Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 1 egg
- 3 pieces of pre-cooked bacon, diced
- 1/8 cup of shredded cheese (or more if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In mixing bowl, combine potatoes, egg, bacon, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking oil. Spoon potato mixture into waffle wells
- Let waffles cook about 5 minutes. Check for doneness, you want the waffle to be golden brown and cooked through.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: