I am always on the lookout for quick and simple ideas for our breakfasts and after school snacks. This Raspberry Oatmeal and Yogurt Smoothie recipe certainly fits the bill. And what kid doesn’t love a smoothie?
I love putting my blender to work – (I’ve blogged about it before in these recipes: Healthy Chocolate Dip, Homemade Apple Butter and Chocolate Hazelnut Spread and I can’t not include this awesomely easy 3 Minute Raspberry Sorbet recipe (even though I was using a different blender for that one).
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon honey (or equivalent other sweetener)
- 1 cup juice or coconut water (I used almond milk)
- Add the oatmeal to the blender and pulse a few times
- Add liquid and yogurt to the blender, blend for a minute or two. (Make sure the oats are pulverized)
- Add remaining ingredients and blend on high power until all your ingredients are blended and smooth.
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.