Today, I’m sharing this easy recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara. It’s so simple and creamy, plus you’ll love that it takes less than 25 minutes to get on the table!
My daughter asked for “noodles” for dinner the other night. I already had something else ready to go, so I told her I would make it for her the next night. Turns out, since then we’ve be playing pass the cold and I haven’t done much actual cooking.
Thankfully everyone is on the mend and I thought I would make this simple and creamy Spaghetti Carbonara recipe for dinner. This is one of those recipes that when finished, looks and tastes like you put a lot of effort into the sauce! (Shhh… Nobody needs to know dinner took less than 25 minutes!)
The pasta looks positively sinful with that luscious creamy sauce. You may (or may not) be surprised that the sauce is made with just a couple of eggs and a bit of half n half. (plus a tiny bit of the pasta cooking water.)
Recipe by Jamie Sanders
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 15
Total time: 25
- 12 oz Spaghetti noodles
- 6 to 8 Slices of bacon (your choice)
- 4 Safe Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half n half
- 1/2 cup Freshly shredded parmesan cheese, plus a bit more for garnish
- Up to 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, torn w/ stems removed, plus a bit more for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In Large pot, cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove from pan and dice. Discard most of the excess bacon drippings. (I used turkey bacon, so there was hardly any drippings.)
- While the bacon is cooking, thoroughly mix together the eggs and half n half.
- Add cooked pasta to the large skillet. Add egg/cream mixture and parmesan cheese to the pasta. Using tongs, mix together until the egg/cream mixture is coating the pasta.
- Add the reserved cooking water a tablespoon at a time until the cream sauce reaches the desired consistency. (If you find you have added too much pasta water, heat the pasta over med-low until the sauce thickens. Keep tossing the pasta until desired thickness.)
- Add bacon (hold back about a tablespoon of the bacon for garnish) and spinach to the pasta and gently combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with reserved bacon, spinach and cheese.
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: