This easy Slow Cooker Beef Chili recipe is full of flavor but not too spicy.…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Today I’m sharing this recipe for Shredded Tex-Mex Barbecue Beef Sliders, made in my new Slow Cooker. Plus a big Thank you to Hamilton Beach for providing a Set ‘n Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker With Spoon/Lid to giveaway! (Details at the bottom of the post- giveaway over.)
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but I haven’t had a new slow cooker recipe on the blog since February. We had a little mishap while cleaning the cooking container… Yep, it was dropped! (I’ve been meaning to purchase a replacement insert, but every time I sit down to order it, I keep getting sidetracked. I wonder how that happens?)
I felt incredibly blessed when Hamilton Beach asked me if I wanted to try out their new Set & Forget® Programmable Slow Cooker. Of course I did! They even offered a 2nd slow cooker for me to give away on the blog if I liked it.
Liked it? I big puffy heart loved it! This slow cooker is so much nicer than my old one. (My old one was a wedding gift from 1998, so there were no fancy features on it.) This slow cooker has a programmable timer so you can program the cooking time and the Set & Forget® Slow Cooker automatically shifts to keep warm when the cooking time is up.
With my old slow cooker, I would use a separate digital thermometer to make sure any meats had been cooked to the desired temperature. The Set & Forget® Slow Cooker comes with a probe/thermometer already built into the machine! Set the desired temperature and the slow cooker will change to warm once the temp has been reached.
To test out the slow cooker, I decided to slow cook a small brisket. Love this recipe! It came out so yummy!
A delicious and easy way to make a Barbecue Brisket!
- 3.5 lbs Brisket
- 1 jar (14 oz.) Your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Onion, Chopped
- 1 Envelope Chili Seasoning (as spicy as you like it)
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 2 Tbs Ground Cumin
- Cut Brisket into smaller pieces if needed to fit into slow cooker, place in the slow cooker.
- Combine all ingredients (except brisket) in a separate bowl. Pour over Brisket.
- Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket, shred.
- Remove about a cup of cooking juice and set aside.
- Return shredded brisket back to slow cooker. If you feel the shredded brisket needs more moisture, add a bit of the reserved cooking juice a few tablespoons at a time until desired “juiciness” is achieved.
Enjoy!Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it!
Ready for a chance to win the Set ‘n Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker With Spoon/Lid. Fill out the RaffleCopter form below. US residents only, must be over 18 to enter.
Looking for more Slow cooker ideas? You might also like these:
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: