Super Easy (and oh-so-cute) Spring Basket Cookies!
The kids are on Spring Break this week and we have been trying to do something a little special every day. On Monday we did a little baking. (Tonight it’s McDonald’s for Happy Meals. I know, I know… but the toy is My Little Pony and Transformers. I have a feeling McDonald’s planned these toys to coincide with spring break!)
I was sorting through some of my old handwritten recipes trying to find something easy and I came across this recipe for coconut macaroons. After reading over the ingredients I saw the recipe couldn’t be any simpler (you don’t even need a mixer) and I was inspired to create these Spring Basket Cookies!
So cute aren’t they? My kids loved them!!!
Here is what you need to make your own batch of Spring Basket Cookie:Print
Super Easy and oh-so-cute, Spring Basket Cookies! (Coconut Macaroons)
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of Shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- pastel candies (I used M & M’s but you could use just about anything.)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Stir the flour and coconut together in a large mixing bowl until the coconut is thoroughly coated with flour. The instructions say to use a wooden spoon, but I don’t know why nor do I even own a wooden spoon, I just used my silicone spoonula. (This is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. If you ever buy one, make sure it is rated for high-heat.)
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and Vanilla and mix well.
- Drop coconut mixture by the spoonful on to the cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. If you want to make the “basket”, dampen your fingers with water and gently tap the middle to make a depression to hold your candies.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool and once they have cooled, add your candies.
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.