This Black Bean and Corn Chicken Salad is a fun (and oh-so-yummy) twist on chicken salad! If you love the flavors of Tex-Mex, I know you will enjoy this chicken salad recipe.
It is that time again… Time for the Secret Recipe Club reveal! The blog assigned to me this month was Melissa’s Cuisine.
My kids have been gone all week, so I haven’t done much cooking. When it came time to narrow down my recipe selection, I chose a fairly simple recipe to make for lunch. The recipe I chose was her Black Bean and Corn Chicken Salad. It was really good and made for a very filling lunch!
You might even have all the ingredients on hand, yourself (Except maybe the pita bread, but regular bread would be just as good.) I only varied from her recipe a tiny bit, based on my preferences. (You can find the original recipe here.)
Black Bean and Corn Chicken Salad (adapted from Melissa’s Cuisine)
- 1 cup +/- of cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn (thawed)
- 1/3 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbs Miracle Whip (You can use regular mayo, if you do, you might want to add 1tsp sugar)
- optional – 1/8 cup of pickled banana peppers (mild, med or hot- your choice)
- optional – dash or 2 of taco seasoning
- 1 pita pocket, cut in half
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spoon into the pita pockets, serve with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Enjoy!Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: