As 2012 comes to a close, I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all my readers for your support and the many positive comments you have left for me. You guys have really kept me going! This blog is a wonderful creative outlet for me and I feel blessed in the many connections and small successes I have made this year.
I have ended the year with well over 6100 readers and am inching my way to 2 million page views. Looking back at some of my posts from this past year, I am very happy with what I accomplished.
Just for fun, I would like to review the top 10 most viewed craft related posts. Here they are, with the most popular listed first:
1. No Sew Ruffle Tote Tutorial: This Bag was my most popular post of the year. I think pretty springy-ness of the fabric colors must be what helped draw people over…
2. Pillows from a Table Runner Almost a year later and these pillows are still on my couch and look awesome!
3. Easy Fabric Flowers The funny thing about this post is that I made these flowers as magnets for my DIY Magnet Board and decided to throw together a post on how to do the flowers before I posted the magnet board. I was shocked at the amount of page views these flowers got!
5. Draped-Shawl Cardigan Tutorial. I still love this cardigan, in fact I bought some pretty pink sweater knit to make another one.
6. Go Anywhere Ladies Knit Dress Tutorial. This dress is awesome! I wore it so much during the summer and fall. I love that the sleeve style hides my chubby arms and the placement of the elastic waistband is at the perfect flattering spot.
7. Make a Pillowcase Dress w/out Sewing. I loved these bandannas! They were a great find.
10. Simple Halter Dress: I had to re-name this dress, turns out the original name was the same as a very popular porn star. I certainly didn’t want my blog turning up in those types of web search results! I never did get around to changing the test on the photos, but text on photos doesn’t affect search results so I’ll probably just leave it alone.
What you see above is really just a few of my tutorials and free patterns. If you have a few moments,you may want to browse my 65+ tutorials. I have them divided up in to clothing and accessories, home projects and Crafts. (The Gallery pages can also be found in my drop down menu bar at the top of my blog.)
Thanks for stopping by everybody and Happy New Year. I wish for many blessings to you and your family in the year 2012!
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed here.
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.