Oh my, this is one of those recipes that it is so good it's hard to stop eating!
The first time I tried yellow rice was just a couple of months ago. (I made Cheesy Chicken and Yellow Rice in the crock pot.) After having the yellow rice in that recipe, I started looking around for another recipe that used yellow rice. (And that fit with my family's tastes, there are lots of fancy-shmancy complicated recipes out there.)
It's a no-brainer that a recipe which includes both yellow rice and sausage would be good...
Do you have any favorite recipes made with yellow rice? I would love for you to share your favorite in the comments.
Sausage with Yellow Rice and Veggies (Adapted from Jersey Bites)
- Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 can or 1 3/4 cup of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen Corn, thawed
- +/- 2 cups of sliced smoked sausage (eckrich style)
- 1 box of yellow rice (I like Zatarin's)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Saute onion and pepper with olive oil in large skillet about 3 minutes.
- Add sliced sausage and saute another 3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and cumin, continue sauteing another minute or two.
- Gently add beans and corn, stirring until warmed.
- Finally, add rice and stir until everything is combined.
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed on this page.