We have tacos and quesadillas around here quite often. They are so easy to throw together and I always keep the ingredients on hand. Here is a great Recipe to help spice up Taco Night.
7-Layer Taco Bowls
(This recipe is really just a little bit of this and a little bit of that, depending on if you are making tacos for 2 or for 8, so use as much or as little as you need.)
- Tortillas (Fajita or burrito size, depending on how big you want your bowl.)
- Olive Oil
- Pre-cooked rice
- Garlic powder
- Re-fried beans
- Cooked shredded chicken (you could use leftover ground beef, turkey or pork, flavoring it with taco seasoning is optional)
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced olives (I bought chopped, but sliced would be better)
- Sour cream (Optional)
- Guacamole (Optional
1. Warm your tortillas in the microwave for about 20 seconds. When they are warmed, the tortillas are less likely to split.
2. Lightly coat the back side of each tortilla with oil and fold it to fit into the bottom of a muffin tin, as shown (for the mini-size.)
To make a larger taco bowl, use an appropriate sized oven safe bowl. I used my small pampered chef batter bowl and stuck a ball of foil at the bottom to keep the tortilla propped up.
3. Bake at 425 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes. You want the shell to be crispy and lightly toasted.
4. While your shells are cooking, mix about 1/3 cup of salsa 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and about 1/3 tsp of cumin and garlic powder into the rice. These measurements are +/- depending on the amount of rice and how you like your flavors. Heat the rice in the microwave until the cheese has melted and give it a good stir.
5. When the shells are out of the oven, layer your ingredients in this order, 1 to 2 tablespoons of each:
Chicken or ground beef
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.