This super yummy Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli recipe is so easy to make and perfect for busy nights! With just a couple of ingredients and 25 minutes, you can have this better-than-takeout Asian-inspired meal on the table, and your entire family will rave about it!
Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli with Udon Noodles Recipe
I was flipping through the TV channels recently and stumbled across a children’s cooking competition show. I paused my channel surfing a moment to watch the kids in action. The children featured on the show were between the ages of 9-12 and cooking all sorts of recipes from scratch. I was floored at the skill level of these little kids.
Both my children regularly ask to help me in the kitchen, I usually just give them the simplest tasks such as washing vegetables or grabbing items from the fridge instead of having them do anything substantial like dicing food or handling raw meat.
After watching more of that show and seeing the skills and confidence the kids had in the kitchen, I decided that I might need to step back a bit and allow my kids (with my assistance, of course, can’t loosen up that much yet, lol) more responsibility in the kitchen.
Our family absolutely adores Asian-inspired dishes, especially anything with teriyaki, and these types of meals make a frequent appearance on the menu plan. Since this simple Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli with Udon Noodles was on the menu next, I thought it was the perfect dish for my little missy to be in charge of.
I put my missy to work with the smallest paring knife I could find; she chopped all the veggies and did the stir-frying with minimal interference from me. (I did end up slicing the flank steak myself only because it was kind of tough to cut through and I wanted to make sure the slices were uniform in size.)
This Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli recipe turned out soo good! She did such a great job putting the meal together (only minor assistance from me) and this was a perfect recipe for her skill level. I’m not ready to set her free in the kitchen just yet, but it definitely has me looking forward to the day I can hand some of the dinner duties off to someone else.
This dish will definitely be a regular on our menu plan. I love that it comes together in about 25 minutes and rivals most take out dishes.
More Easy Family Meal Ideas:
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet Recipe
- Easy Peanut Noodles (lightened up)
- 30 Minute Meatless Chili Recipe
- Easy Orange Chicken Recipe
- Creamy Mushroom and Sausage Pasta
Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli with Udon Noodles:Print
This super yummy Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli recipe is so easy to make and perfect for busy nights! With just a couple of ingredients and 25 minutes, you can have this better-than-takeout Asian inspired meal on the table, and your entire family will rave about it!
- 6 oz Dried udon noodles
- 1 lb flank or skirt steak
- 4 tbs Sesame oil
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 large broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce
- 1/2 cup of cooking water from the noodles
- Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and then drain and rinse noodles. Set noodles aside.
- As noodles are cooking, slice flank steak against the grain into thin strips.
- Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook flank steak until done, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove beef from pan.
- Add 2 tbsp sesame oil to skillet. Add the carrots and broccoli and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Add Teriyaki Sauce, noodles and about 1/4 cup reserved cooking water to the pan. Stir everything together and simmer an additional 3 minutes or so. If you like a bit more sauce, stir in a bit more of the reserved cooking water.
Recipe Tips: Flank steak can be tough, for a more tender result, add 3/4 cup of the Soy Vay Very Veri Teriyaki marinade and beef to a ziplock bag and allow to marinate for 3 hours in the refrigerator.