Billy the Exterminator Costume for Halloween
My 6 year old’s new favorite show is Billy the Exterminator. So of course, he wanted to be Billy for Halloween.
If you have never seen the show, it is on A and E, here is a link to one of the clips: Billy the Exterminator: Playing Possum. The show is kind of interesting, Billy is a crazy character who runs a pest control business in Louisiana and they come across all types of animals and situations.
The Billy the Exterminator costume was pretty easy to put together.
- I printed out their logo and used it to make a freezer paper stencil. I used the stencil to paint the logo on the front of his shirt and black bandanna. (Never heard of a freezer paper stencil? See my tutorial here.)
- I cut the fingers off of a pair of gloves and added studs to the gloves and t-shirt.
- I found some fake hair at the dollar store and hot glued it to the bandanna.
- We picked up a length of chain from Lowes and a hook for his belt.
- You can’t see it, but on the back of his belt, he has a mousetrap attached to the belt with a snake in the trap. (I wanted to use a plastic mouse, but I never found one…)
He actually won Funniest Costume at the party we went to on Saturday night.
Go Billy! Go Billy! Go Billy!
One last shot of Billy and the Rainbow Princess…
Happy Halloween everyone!