Got Peaches? Then you’re in luck! Today I’m sharing the recipe on how to make this quick and easy, 2 Ingredient Peach Sherbet! Yep, 2 ingredients is all that is needed for this lusciously sweet and creamy, no churn peach sherbet.
Quick and Easy No Churn Peach Sherbet
We visited a DIY peach picking farm a while back and brought home quite a few perfectly ripe peaches. Mmm, nothing like the taste of a sweet and juicy peach right off the tree!
Since we only picked the ripest fruit, after a few days and eating what we could, I peeled and chopped the rest for the freezer.
We use frozen fruit all the time to make smoothies and shortcut ice cream and one of my favorite shortcut recipes is this 2 ingredient no churn peach sherbet.
This Easy Peach Sherbet Recipe has only 2 Ingredients!
Yes, you read that right! This recipe (if you can call it a recipe) uses only 2 ingredients – sweetened condensed milk and frozen peaches.
Sweetened condensed milk, when blended with frozen fruit, makes for a smooth, creamy and delicious sherbet-like treat that comes together in no time flat!
What’s the difference between Sherbet and Sorbet?
The main difference between these two yummy frozen treats is mainly the amount of dairy they contain. Sorbet, (like my mango sorbet recipe or cherry lime sorbet) has no dairy at all and sherbet has dairy.
Why is Your Peach Sherbet so Pinky/peach and Mine is Yellow?
I’ve actually gotten this question a lot and I agree this sherbet is gorgeous!
Did you know there are over 350 varieties of peaches?
I know, thats crazy – a peach is a peach, lol! (But, not really)
The type of peach I used for this recipe is called a Carored. If you notice the image of my daughter above, eating the fresh peach off the tree, you can see just how red the juice is in these peaches is. Especially if the peach is allowed to fully ripen on the tree before harvesting.
I froze the peaches with the skin on and they turned the prettiest shade of pinky/red in the freezer. And of course, when I blended the peaches with the sweetened condensed milk, the blender broke down the skins and spread the color throughout the sherbet.
Ingredients Needed for this Easy Peach Sherbet Recipe
Want to make this peach sherbet? Add these ingredients to your shopping list:
- 1 – 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 16 to 24 oz of frozen sliced peaches
How to Make 2 Ingredient Peach Sherbet
Depending on the variety of your peaches and how sweet they may or may not be, I recommend starting with less of the sweetened condensed milk than you might end up needing. (you can always add more, but you can’t take it out, lol!)
- Add the peaches and half the can of the sweetened condensed milk to your blender or food processor and blend.
- Give the mixture a taste and add more sweetened condensed milk as needed, continue blending until creamy.
- Serve the sherbet right away as soft serve or spread into a shallow dish and freeze for an hour or two to achieve firmer more ice cream like consistency.
Will this Easy Sherbet Recipe Work With Other Fruits?
Yes, this recipe would be amazing with just about any fruit. As mentioned above, I do recommend starting with less sweetened condensed milk, tasting and adding as needed.
- Strawberries (4 cups frozen Strawberries and 12 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Watermelon (6 cups frozen watermelon and 12 oz sweetened condensed milk)
- Mixed berry (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)
- Bananas (oh yes – use 4-5 ripe frozen bananas and ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk. Yum!)
If you still have peaches leftover, here are a couple more amazing peach recipes to use them all up:
- Sparkling Summer Peach Sangria Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Peach Yogurt Popsicles
- Easy Peach Jam (no pectin recipe)
- Fresh Peach and Pound Cake Sundaes
2 Ingredient Peach Sherbet
Enjoy! (recipe below)
Products used and recommended in this post:
1. Most awesome ice cream scoop ever
- My Blender: Vitamix 5200 2 HP motor (This is an Amazon link, though I bought mine when it was the QVC deal of the day on 6 easy pays)
- Ninja 1100 watts- have not tried this blender, but that’s a lot of watts for the $$)
- Nutri Ninja (1000 watts)
- Hamilton Beach (700 watts)
Make this yummy Peach Sherbet in just a few minutes and with only 2 ingredients!
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 16 to 24 oz of frozen sliced peaches
- optional ingredients to add to the depth of flavor: 1 tsp of vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and/or a squeeze of lemon
- Add peaches and half the sweetened condensed milk to your blender or food processor and blend.
- Give the mixture a taste and add more sweetened condensed milk as needed, until creamy. (After reaching desired sweetness, add in optional ingredients if desired.)
- Serve immediately as soft serve (which is how we normally eat it.)
- Or pour it into a freezer-safe container and let harden a few hours in the freezer. (If you leave it in the freezer too long and is too hard to scoop, just leave it on the counter for a few minutes and it will be perfect!)
- I had a reader email me to say she thought 1 full can of sweetened condensed milk was too much and since the sweetness of your peaches will vary, she recommends starting with half a can of sweetened condensed milk and giving the mixture a taste.
- If you use less sweetened condensed milk, you might need to add a tablespoon or 2 of milk/cream for the blender to do its job. (Depends on the power of your blender)
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 49
Want more frozen treats? Check out these recipes: