Need a quick and easy meal idea the kids (and everyone else) will love? These Easy Baked Tortellini Cups are just the ticket! Made with frozen tortellini, sausage crumbles and pre-made wonton wrappers, you can have this delicious cupcake size-tortellini dish on the table in just a few minutes!
It’s such a busy time of the year (though, really… when are we not busy!) I love recipes that look fancy, but can be put together quickly. And I have to say, these Baked Tortellini cups really hit the mark! (Thank you to Progresso for sponsoring this post- all opinions are mine!)
While planning the meal for one of our recent holiday family get-togethers, (we have 4 family birthdays during December) I decided we needed one more filling, finger-type food to compete the menu. I really did not want to make another trip to the grocery store, so I did a quick review of my pantry and freezer to find something else to make.
I had tortellini and sausage crumbles in the freezer already and wonton wrappers leftover from another meal. Even better, I had grabbed a container of Progresso™ Bread Crumbs on my last trip to Wal-Mart. (I always like to dress up my comfort food recipes a bread crumb topping.)
Bread Crumbs make a fabulous topping on just about anything. They’re so yummy, adding a delicious crunch to so all types of recipes; From mac and cheese to baked chicken!
The kids and adults absolutely gobbled up these Easy Baked Tortellini cup! They really made a great finger food and there’s just something about cupcake sized foods that kids love.
Easy Baked Tortellini Cups
- 12 wonton wrappers or phyllo dough cut into squares
- 4 cups frozen tortellini, thawed
- 2.5 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1.5 cups precooked sausage crumbles
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese (approximately- I didn’t measure.)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place wonton wrappers into a greased muffin tin.
- Combine the thawed tortellini, sausage and spaghetti sauce in a large bowl. Microwave for a minute or two to warm the mixture up.
- Spoon a layer of the tortellini/sauce mixture into the bottom of the wonton wrapper, sprinkle with cheese. Spoon in another layer of the tortellini mixture and top with another layer of cheese and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Spread a layer of bread crumbs over each muffin cup and drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Bake tortellini cups for about 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the breadcrumbs form a nice crust. If you find your wonton wrappers are getting too brown, move the muffin tin to the lowest rack in the oven.
Looking for more fun finger foods? Be sure to check out these recipes:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Progresso™ The opinions and text are all mine.