Hi everyone! If you haven’t figured it out yet, I am all about easy, kid and budget friendly meals. Here is another one that is always a hit with my 2 little ones:
Easy Taco Muffins (adapted from Kraft Foods)
- 1 lb of ground beef (chicken or turkey would work too)
- 2/3 cup of chunky mild salsa
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (more if needed)
- 1 to 2 cans of regular biscuits
- Sour Cream
- optional: diced green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground meat with taco seasoning, drain off excess grease.
- In a large bowl, combine salsa and 3/4 cup of cheese with seasoned meat.
- Separate biscuits. Then one at a time, roll flat with a rolling pin, place in lightly greased muffin tin and fill with meat and salsa mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. If you find your biscuits are turning brown on top too quickly, cover lightly with foil.
- When biscuits come out of the oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve with additional salsa and a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions if desired.
If you like this recipe and want to see more like it, please consider becoming a follower! You can subscribe using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: