Learn how to serge the perfect hem with the blind hem foot! (plus grab a…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
I’ve got a new free printable pattern to share with you today and this one is for the ladies! With just two pattern pieces to cut out and sew together, you can’t get any easier than this Free Ladies Asymmetrical Hem T-Shirt Pattern.
I work from home and spend my days in t-shirts, yoga pants, shorts and casual dresses. Ninety percent of my wardrobe is knitwear and this particular style of t-shirt is my very favorite to make!
The top has only two pattern pieces! Cut it out, hem the neck and sleeves, sew the shoulders and sides, hem the bottom and you are done!
To spice up the plain-ness of this tee pattern, I added an asymmetrical split hem. It can be worn long and loose with leggings:
Or tie it up to wear with capris or shorts. Your choice.
The shirt measures 32 inches on the long side to 24 7/8 on the short side. (You can shorten or lengthen as needed to fit your frame.) To make this shirt, you’ll need about 1 1/4 yard of 58 to 60-inch wide stretch knit fabric. (My favorite fabric shop for knits: Funkalicious Fabrics.)
Pin this project here:
Pattern tips and additional info:
- Find the pattern here. (you’ll need to add the pattern to your cart and check out.) Save it to your PC, open the pdf document in adobe reader. Don’t print from google’s online version of adobe. (It will sometimes cause the pattern to print incorrectly.)
- Seam allowance is 3/8 inch with a 1/2 inch bottom hem
- Pattern is designed for stretch knit fabric
- Use a ballpoint/stretch needle
- Use spray starch when folding the neck and sleeve hems. (The starch stiffens the fabric and helps so much!)
- Sew seams with either a serger, double needle, stretch stitch, narrow zig zag with a long stitch length or a straight stitch with a long stitch length and a slightly loosened tension. (make a couple of practice stitches on your fabric to see what works best.)
- 1 1/4 yard of 58 to 60 inch wide stretch knit fabric
- ballpoint/stretch needle
- iron/spray starch
- basic sewing supplies