This Grilled Bean and Cheese Burrito is the perfect quick meal on busy nights and the kids go crazy over the crispy flaky tortilla!
I have a handful of “standby” meals for nights when I just don’t feel like cooking. (Quesadillas, burritos and eggs to just name a few.) These Bean and Cheese Burritos are a great option for nights like this. Something about the crispy, flaky outside and ooey-gooey inside that makes the burritos seem yummier.
To grill the Burritos, I used my George Forman grill, but you could use a grill pan, waffle iron or regular frying pan for a similar effect.
- Large burrito size tortillas
- Oil or butter
- Burrito filling of your choice (refried beans, chicken, rice, regular beans, corn, salsa, etc…)
For our burritos, I just used refried beans, cheese and Taco Bell sauce.
- Spread your burrito filling down the middle of the tortilla and fold.
- Rub just a touch of oil or butter on the top of the burrito and place it on your grilling device. (GF grill, waffle iron or pan.)
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the top of the burrito is golden brown.
- Serve with your sour cream/salsa/guacamole and enjoy! Careful, it’s hot!
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.