Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Chocolate Hummus Recipe is easy to make and ready in about 5 minutes! Just 4 ingredients and you’ll be dipping into this healthy chocolate dip in no time.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I see a recipe and am so intrigued by the ingredients that I have to make it and find out for myself if it’s any good. This Chocolate Hummus recipe definitely falls into that category.
I’ve had this healthy Chocolate Dip in my to-make file for some time now. With strawberries so plentiful right now, I finally took the time to make the dip.
You’ll be super surprised at what the secret healthy ingredient is! Are you ready for it?
It’s garbanzo beans! Yes, this is hummus, but with chocolate!
What a great little snack this turned out to be! Thick, rich, and chocolatey. Chocolate Hummus is perfect for dipping graham crackers, strawberries, or bananas.
I certainly didn’t feel guilty feeding this to my kids.
What? You said you wanted strawberries and chocolate for a snack?
Why sure, have all you want! The kids asked for this at every snack and meal until it was gone. (I never told them what was in it.)
- Using a high-powered blender really makes this dip super creamy. (like a Vitamix)
- We definitely preferred the chocolate hummus chilled over room temperature. (It’s chilled in the photo above, when room temperature, it is darker and not as thick.)
This Chocolate Hummus Recipe is easy to make and ready in just about 5 minutes! Just 4 ingredients and you’ll be dipping into this healthy chocolaty dip in no time.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa (I substituted 3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 Tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes to firm up.
This was one of our What’s Cookin’ Wednesday projects and for fun, my 5 year old made a video demonstrating how to make the dip.
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!