This creamy no bake pumpkin pie is creamy, silky, and full of pumpkin flavor. Marshmallows, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spices, and whipped cream in a graham cracker crust. It’s a perfect pie to welcome the holidays with family and friends. Nothing says Thanksgiving better than pumpkin pie.
Bonus: since it is no bake, it is a snap to make!
The addition of the marshmallows not only helps the pie set up, but they also add to the silkiness and a hint of yummy marshmallow flavor. The results are light and fluffy pumpkin pie. This pie is so light your guests will be asking for seconds! You may need to have two on hand. 🙂
Why You Should Make This No Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Easy – A few simple ingredients and this pie comes together easily.
- No bake – No need to turn on the oven to make this pie. It’s great when you have lots of other festive dishes taking up space in the oven!
- Truly festive – This pumpkin pie just screams holidays, but it is so good I am sure you’ll be making it all year round.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Ingredients + Tips
(Ingredients at a glance, find the full recipe in the printable card at the bottom of the post.)
- Graham crackers | graham cracker crusts go well with pumpkin pie. You can make your own as per this recipe, or you can buy them premade.
- Sugar | granulated white sugar is used in this recipe.
- Butter | butter helps bind the crumbs, so you have a nice uniform crust. I use salted butter, but unsalted with a pinch of added salt works as well.
- Pumpkin Puree | Look for canned pumpkin puree in the baking section of your grocery store. Make sure you get 100% pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling which has added sugar and some spices.
- Spices | Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, salt.
- Mini marshmallows | The melted marshmallows are what give the pie a nice light and fluffy texture. You can use large marshmallows as well, i like to snip the larger marshmallows into smaller pieces for easier melting.
- Whipping cream | whipping cream adds a creamy richness to the pumpkin filling and helps the pie set. You can substitute with cool whip.
How to Make This No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Crush or puree graham crackers into crumbs. Mix the crumbs with the sugar and melted butter. Press into an 8-inch pie plate and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the filling, combine the pumpkin, spices, and mini marshmallows in a large pan. Heat over low-medium heat, stirring, until the marshmallows are melted. Beware that marshmallows can scorch, so you need to watch the pot carefully. Remove from heat once marshmallows are melted and incorporated with the pumpkin. Let the mixture cool.
- While the pumpkin mixture is cooling, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the whipped cream, until everything is well combined.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours; the longer, the better, until set.
Recipe Tips For No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Use a food processor to break up the graham crackers, so you get really fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a glass bowl in the microwave to mix with the crumbs.
- Make sure to watch those melting marshmallows. You don’t want a big sticky mess in your pot!
- Make sure the whipped cream has formed stiff peaks, so it adds an airiness to the pumpkin puree.
- The marshmallows and pumpkin mixture must be cooled completely before adding the whipped cream.
- You want to make sure you give the pie enough time to set up. This is a perfect dish to make ahead of time. I think it is even better on day two.
Variations of No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Garnish the pie with plain whipped cream or cinnamon-spiked whipped cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate or caramel sauce.
Cover the no bake pumpkin pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Can I use a premade pie crust?
Yes, you can use a premade crust. There are a few options. You can buy a premade graham cracker crust that does not need to be baked, or you can buy a premade regular pie crust that you would need to bake at home. The premade crusts that require baking are usually sold frozen, so check the freezer section of your grocery store. If you use a frozen crust, bake until golden brown and let cool before pouring in the pumpkin filling.
Is Pumpkin Pie Filling Safe To Eat?
Pumpkin pie filling is made with cooked pumpkin and pureed, so it is safe to eat.
Does Pumpkin Pie Usually Have Eggs?
There are loads of pumpkin pie recipes out there, but this recipe does not require eggs. The melted marshmallows are used to bind the pumpkin with the spices and create a rich taste and firm texture.
Do I Need To Add All The Spices?
No, you can decide which spices you want to add. If your family is not so keen on cloves, then, by all means, leave them out. Or if you don’t have any nutmeg or ginger on hand, you can omit them. You can also use pumpkin pie spice as a substitute. Use 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
Can I Use Marshmallow Fluff?
I do not recommend marshmallow fluff in this recipe. The pie would not set up as firmly.
Can I Make This No Bake Pumpkin Ahead Of Time?
Yes, this pumpkin pie can be made a day or two in advance.
More pumpkin-inspired recipes:
- Easy No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
- 1 package graham crackers (8-9 sheets)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 10oz. Package of mini marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream + additional whipped cream for serving if desired
- Crush or puree graham crackers into crumbs.
- Mix with sugar and melted butter.
- Press into an 8-inch pie plate and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the filling, combine pumpkin, spices, and mini marshmallows in a large pan.
- Heat over low-medium heat, stirring, until marshmallows are melted. Beware that marshmallows can scorch, so you need to stay with it.
- Remove from heat once marshmallows are melted and incorporated with pumpkin. Let the pumpkin mixture cool.
- While the pumpkin mixture is cooling, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in pumpkin mixture until everything is combined well.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and refrigerate for at least two hours (the longer, the better)until set, before serving.
Store pie in refrigerator. This no-bake pumpkin pie will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
Keywords: no bake pumpkin pie
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!