Are you ready for the most awesomely delicious pulled pork recipe? This Slow Cooker, Beer Marinated Pulled Pork is so moist, juicy and full of flavor, your family and friends will be raving about it!
Our family loves football- no matter which team we’re rooting for that day, game day is just a great reason to get together with family and friends. We have so much fun cheering on our teams, having great conversations and of course, eating all of the delicious game day foods and treats! Thank you to Old El Paso™ and Budweiser® for teaming up with me in bringing you this fabulous recipe.
With the bowl games and play-offs right around the corner, I wanted to share our favorite pulled pork recipe with you. You can do SO MUCH with pulled pork! It makes a great base for so many recipes; from pulled pork sandwiches to tacos, subs and sandwiches, nachos and even pizza!
Soft tacos are a menu item we eat all the time. Whether the tacos are chicken, beef or pork, it’s just the type of meal that’s easy to put together and can be customized to make everyone happy. The pulled pork is definitely one of our faves- just look how juicy it is!
Have you seen these yet? We love, love love these little Soft Tortilla Taco Boats! The sides let you pile as much toppings as you want on your soft taco and everything stays in- perfect for little hands and also great to use in our game day get togethers.
Ready for the recipe? My pulled pork has a secret ingredient that gives the flavor of the pork extra depth and yum factor… Ready for it?
Beer helps tenderize the meat and adds a tiny amount of sweet and bitter flavor to the dish. Most of the liquid stays in the pot and since you’re cooking the pork low and slow for several hours, most of the alcohol cooks away. (Simmering beer for 2.5 hours removes 95 percent of the alcohol it contains.) So you’re safe serving this to all age groups.
Use your favorite beer (in our case, it’s Michelob Ultra- gotta save those carbs where we can, ha ha!)
Beer Marinated Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 3 to 5 pound bone-in Pork/Boston Butt
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- (optional) 1 pepper cut into thin slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add onion, garlic and optional pepper to bottom of slow cooker.
- Place pork on top of veggies. (If there is an obvious layer of fat on the roast, place that side up.)
- Add beer, lime juice and worcestershire to pot.
- Sprinkle spices and salt/pepper over pork.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. (Around 2 hours per pound. When the bone slides out easily- pork is done.)
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred. (Removing any large chunk of fat that might remain.)
Who will you be watching the big game with?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.
Like this recipe? You might also enjoy: