Ready to shake up dinner with a super easy and yummy meal? The combination of Asian flavors and spices pair perfectly with the ground turkey in these Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps.
The best part is, that the recipe is easy to toss together (20 minutes-ish), plus it tastes so good, you would never know these Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps are low calorie/low carb!
These Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps are one of our favorite light/low carb meals!
You could use ground chicken or beef in this recipe, but I especially love how the turkey is kind of a “blank slate” and really absorbs all of the Asian flavors. (Plus, Wal-Mart had a good deal on a 3lb package of ground turkey, lol.)
We have another dish we really like made with cabbage, turkey and Asian spices. I would love to get it made soon and share it with you as well. I forgot to buy cabbage, but if I tell my hubby it’s on the menu, I know he will go to the store for me!
I had to coax the kids into trying these lettuce wraps, but once they gave it a taste, it got a thumbs up from both.
What’s so handy about these Protein Blends is they make it so easy to incorporate more varieties of vegetables into our diet. (Plus, they cook in the microwave in about 4 to 5 minutes- can’t beat that.)
Pin the Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps here =>
It’s your turn- what’s your favorite dish to use ground turkey in? Sound off in the comments below!Print
- 1 to 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound turkey
- 1 pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce (leave this out for low carb)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar (I left this out for low carb)
- 1 tsp Sriracha (more or less to taste.)
- 2 Boston/bibb/butter/romaine lettuce, (whatever you can find) trimmed and leaves separated
- optional diced green onions and grated carrot for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add turkey to skillet, breaking apart with spatula, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Add red pepper and continue cooking until turkey is done. Drain turkey if needed.
- In small bowl, mix together soy, teriyaki, lime, vinegar, sugar (if adding) and Sriracha
- Add mixture to skillet and cook another minute or two.
- Serve turkey in lettuce, adding optional toppings if desired.
Keywords: turkey, low carb