Make this adorable DIY Summer Memory Journal with your photos and the included free printable Journal Cards and Embellishments!
DIY Summer Memory Journals
The end of summer is just around the corner and I’ve got mixed feelings about back to school, lol. I’ll be happy to have the kids back in school and busy during the day, but I’m not looking forward to early mornings, homework battles, jam-packed weeks and rushed evenings.
We’ve had a pretty good summer. This year I kept the kids home with me. I’ve managed to keep everyone mostly busy with various activities, trips to the pool and several weekend getaways.
One of the activities my son participated in was a week-long trip to Colorado with the Boy Scouts.
And it turns out my lil missy really depends on him for company and entertainment!
To keep my missy busy on a project while her brother was away, I put her to work making herself a summer memory journal.
Most of my scrapbooking supplies are still in boxes, so I found some cute digital clip art and papers online and created this Sweet Summer Journaling Cards and Embellishment Set.
I’ve uploaded the set (4 pages) for you to create with too! (Find the download link in the supplies list below)
Didn’t her memory book turn out cute!!
More kids printables you might like:
Want to make your own Summer Memory Journal?
DIY Summer Memory Journal
- Sweet Summer Journal Cards and Embellishments (download the set here)
- Chip Board or cereal box
- Hole punch
- string or yarn
1. Cut 2 chip board pieces and several pieces of cardstock to desired dimensions. (I went with 4 x 6 to best use up my 12 by 12 paper with no waste.)
2. Cover chip board pieces with pretty cardstock.
3. Decorate the cover.
4. Punch holes in cardstock and chipboard pieces. Be super careful so all the holes line up!
5. Decorate your pages and add photos!
6. Thread string through the hole and tie in a pretty bow. You are Done!
If you make one of these, be sure to come back and share a photo on my facebook page or tag me on Instagram!