Top 13 Sewing and Crafty Posts of 2013
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow, another year has come to an end… 2014 is right around the corner, can you believe it?
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all my readers for your support and the many sweet comments you’ve left for me. It’s the best feeling hearing back from someone who was able to successfully complete a project or recipe I’ve blogged about…
I always enjoy looking back at at what I’ve accomplished through out the year. So just for fun, here are the 13 most viewed craft and sewing related posts of 2013. Most popular listed first: (If you pin any of these projects, please pin from the original post.)
1. This DIY Bubble Fountain was pretty darn popular this summer. Lots of people wanted to make a bubble fountain out of their pots!
2. This Rainbow Zipper Pouch was made entirely out of zippers, I love how it turned out!
3. One of my daughter’s favorite dresses! Boho Maxi-Dress Pattern and Tutorial. She loved this maxi dress, I think she felt like a big girl in it.
4. Homemade Silly Putty: This stuff is so cool!
5. Super-Easy Child’s Apron Pattern and Tutorial. Great little pattern, perfect for imaginary play or helping mom in the kitchen!
6. How to make a chevron quilt the easy way: If you haven’t tried making chevrons this way, you should really check it out and give it a try.
7. DIY Leggings. This post linked to a free pattern in size 3t and 5/6 plus included a flounce ruffle pattern. This pattern is on my list to improve and make in more sizes, so stay tuned for the new version.
8. Knot Dress Tutorial and Pattern. I’m not sure what I loved more about this dress. The final pictures or the dress itself!
9. Sew a No-Pattern Sundress (any size). Another one of my faves. I made myself a version if this dress here Tiered Maxi Dress for me.
10. Lined A-line Sheath Dress Pattern and Tutorial. This pattern comes in 3/4, 5/6 and 7. I already have fabric in mind for a few more this spring.
11. How to make a Bandana Quilt (no-binding method). The bananas make this such a quick and easy project. How cute would this be in school colors?
12. Modern Peasant Dress (pattern re-mix). For our Easter dress, I “re-mixed” my free peasant dress pattern to make this more modern version. The post includes the link to the pattern and directions on what changes to make.
13. How to sew a Boy’s Bowtie. Very cute and easy for boys! So easy, it can be hand sewn if you don’t have access to a sewing machine.
I definitely had a productive year! Several of my posts from 2012 were still a bit more popular than some of the ones highlighted here, but since they were featured the year before, I left them out. You can see them here. (and be sure to check out 2011’s top posts too.)
I added 300+ new posts this year and there were so many good ones I was sad to leave out… If you want to see other craft projects, tutorial and patterns, be sure to check out my complete project lists located in the drop down menu at the top of the page…
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.
Great project !!
I would love you to come and share @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party !!!
Look forward to seeing you there 🙂
DIY Leggings?! where have you been all my life 🙂 i'm def. going to that post now. 🙂 looks like you had a productive year! http://www.handmadeintheheartland.com/
Oh, thank you for posting the fountain idea! I've been hounding my hubby for YEARS that I wanted one. Problem was pricing and the "run of the mill" selections! Pinned this idea!
Congratulations on a successful year! I've really enjoyed what you had to offer and your photography is lovely.