Here is how I made the sauce and pizzas. (Of course, you can use your own favorite pizza sauce...)
Homemade Pizza Sauce (I have succesfully canned this recipe using a water bath. See how I did it here.)
- 1 14 1/2 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 cup of water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Gather your favorite pizza ingredients. (I used a mixture of Mozzarella and Colby Jack cheeses, pepperoni and the hamburger buns.)
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out the hamburger buns as best you can, like this:
4. Cover with sauce and toppings:
5. Bake for about 6 to 8 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and your crust is turning golden brown.