I love a rich and delicious homemade lasagna. I’ll admit though, I rarely make it from scratch because it can be a time consuming dish to put together.
This Skillet Lasagna Recipe is an excellent alternative for those times you are in the mood for lasagna, but don’t want to deal with the mess or have time to make it from scratch. And of course, I have used lighter ingredients to help counteract my ever expanding waistline…
- 3/4 lb of lean ground beef turkey
- 3/4 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar of your favorite lower calorie spaghetti sauce
- small jar of mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 12 oz of your favorite shaped pasta
- 3/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook the ground meat, onion and garlic together in a large skillet until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in pasta sauce, mushrooms, basil and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet and combine well. Add small spoonfuls of ricotta cheese over the pasta mixture.
- If you have picky eaters like I do, use the edge of your spatula to gently mix some of the ricotta into the lasagna mixture. (Otherwise you can leave it in spoonfuls) over the top of the lasagna.)
- Cover and simmer another 5 minutes or so. Top with grated mozzarella, parmesan and pepper.
Serve and Enjoy!
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: