I love simple dinners that come together in about 20 minutes! This easy and delicious Cheesy Penne with Meatballs recipe certainly fits the bill for a yummy, quick and easy family meal. (Thank you Ragú® for sponsoring this post!)
There’s definitely a time and place for cooking from scratch. I actually really enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and and trying new recipes. (Though I don’t particularly care for the cleanup that usually follows my “experimenting.”) My problem is, so many times I look up at the clock after fun filled day, and realize it’s already after 6 pm. That plan for the slow cooker meal I was supposed to start at noon? Yep- totally out the window! (I can’t be the only one who does this, right?) And yes, happened again yesterday, though I wouldn’t call it a fun filled day since it was filled with floods, scary tornado warnings and last minute unfinished homework assignments…
Thankfully, I always keep my pantry and freezer stocked with basics, such as precooked frozen meat and Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauces for times just like this.
We’ve got a cute little family tradition we always do when we sit down for dinner. (Actually, we borrowed this tradition from my brother and his family- so thanks, brother!) To help get the conversation going, we go around the table and share the best and worst parts of our day. Definitely gets everyone talking and laughing, and always helps us unwind and enjoy family time after a busy or stress filled day and totally makes dinner #Saucesome! (What’s #Saucesome you ask? It’s the magic you feel when good food, family and friends come together. Ragú® wants to help us put the magic back in mealtime- and that’s #Saucesome!)
Cheesy Penne with Meatballs
- 12 to 16 oz of uncooked Penne pasta
- 1 lb of precooked meatballs (frozen or thawed- doesn’t matter)
- 1 jar of your favorite Ragú® Sauce
- 1 tsp Italian blend spices
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 to 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Once you have added the pasta to the boiling water, add meatballs, sauce, water, and spices to a large pan. Cover and cook over med heat.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add to pan with sauce and meat.
- Stir until pasta is combined with sauce and add ricotta to the pan by the spoonful. Top with Parmesan cheese, cover and simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes.
Looking for more Easy Dinner ideas? Be sure to check these out:
Ragú is celebrating everything that makes family mealtime #Saucesome. From unique recipes to silly moments to crazy weeknights…we want to hear it all.
Do you have a recent #Saucesome moment or recipe? Share below!
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: