I love simple dinners that come together in about 20 minutes! This easy and delicious Cheesy Penne with Meatballs recipe certainly fits the bill for a yummy, quick and easy family meal.
There’s definitely a time and place for cooking from scratch. I actually really enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and trying new recipes. (Though I don’t particularly care for the cleanup that usually follows my “experimenting.”)
My biggest problem when it comes to cooking dinner for the family is, so many times I look up at the clock and realize it’s already after 6 pm!
That plan for the slow cooker meal I was supposed to start at noon? Yep- totally out the window! (I can’t be the only one who does this, right?)
Thankfully, I always keep my pantry and freezer stocked with basics, such as pre-cooked frozen meat and premade pasta auces for evenings just like this.
You will love how quick and easy this penne meatball recipe is!
20 minutes, and a delicious dinner everyone will love is on the table and ready to eat!
So easy, even your 8-year -old can help!
This easy and delicious Cheesy Penne with Meatballs recipe makes an easy and hearty, quick family meal.
- 12 to 16 oz of uncooked Penne pasta
- 1 lb of precooked meatballs (frozen or thawed- doesn’t matter)
- 1 jar of your favorite Ragú® Sauce
- 1 tsp Italian blend spices
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 to 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Once you have added the pasta to the boiling water, add meatballs, sauce, water, and spices to a large pan. Cover and cook over med heat.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add to pan with sauce and meat.
- Stir until pasta is combined with sauce and add ricotta to the pan by the spoonful.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, cover and simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes.
Looking for more Easy Dinner ideas? Be sure to check these out: