I love simple dinners that come together in about 20 minutes! This easy and delicious Cheesy Penne with Meatballs recipe certainly fits the bill for a yummy, quick and easy family meal.
There’s definitely a time and place for cooking from scratch. I actually really enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and trying new recipes. (Though I don’t particularly care for the cleanup that usually follows my “experimenting.”)
My biggest problem when it comes to cooking dinner for the family is, so many times I look up at the clock and realize it’s already after 6 pm!
That plan for the slow cooker meal I was supposed to start at noon? Yep- totally out the window! (I can’t be the only one who does this, right?)
Thankfully, I always keep my pantry and freezer stocked with basics, such as pre-cooked frozen meat and premade pasta auces for evenings just like this.
You will love how quick and easy this penne meatball recipe is!
20 minutes, and a delicious dinner everyone will love is on the table and ready to eat!
So easy, even your 8-year -old can help!
This easy and delicious Cheesy Penne with Meatballs recipe makes an easy and hearty, quick family meal.
- 12 to 16 oz of uncooked Penne pasta
- 1 lb of precooked meatballs (frozen or thawed- doesn’t matter)
- 1 jar of your favorite Ragú® Sauce
- 1 tsp Italian blend spices
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 to 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Once you have added the pasta to the boiling water, add meatballs, sauce, water, and spices to a large pan. Cover and cook over med heat.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add to pan with sauce and meat.
- Stir until pasta is combined with sauce and add ricotta to the pan by the spoonful.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, cover and simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes.
Looking for more Easy Dinner ideas? Be sure to check these out:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.