This Apple and Yogurt Tart is so simple to make and is great as a delicious snack, dessert and yes, even breakfast! The sweet apple yogurt and apple topping are complemented by the delicious and buttery crust graham cracker crust.
(Thank you to Yoplait for partnering with me and sponsoring this post! )
I know it’s supposed to be fall, but I think Mother Nature forgot about us here in Central Texas! We’ve been having record highs and have had only a handful of cool mornings so far this season. To make matters worse, the AC unit that cools our master bedroom has gone out. It’s so warm in there, I definitely won’t be able to sleep in my room until it’s fixed!
The weather may not be cooperating, but I can still get my fall food fix. Not everything has to be a soup, pumpkin flavored or a comfort food to feel like fall.
I was doing my weekly grocery shopping a few weeks back and spotted all of the new seasonal yogurt flavors from Yoplait. There are so many different flavors and yogurt varieties to choose from: Apple Crisp Yogurt, Greek Pumpkin Cheesecake, Greek 100 Caramel Apple, Lite Pumpkin Pie, yum!
I’m definitely an apple fan- I’m always so jealous of my friends in other parts of the country when I see their pictures on facebook and instagram of their families picking apples at an apple orchard. We have tons of pecan orchards, one peach orchard, but no apple orchards. So of course, I came home with a basket full of the Yoplait Apple Crisp yogurt!
The Apple Crisp yogurt was so yummy, the kids loved it and we’ve been including it in our lunches and snacks all week long. I wanted to get creative with the last 2 containers of the Apple Crisp yogurt, so I put together this quick apple and yogurt breakfast tart.
The secret ingredient is a package of unflavored gelatin that makes the tart keep its shape after slicing, so it’s perfect to serve as a light dessert or breakfast. (If you want this to be no-bake, just replace the crust with 4 pre-made individual graham cracker crusts.)
You can actually use any flavor greek or regular yogurt for this tart, even plain yogurt. (Though you will probably want to add a bit of sweetener if you use plain yogurt.)
Then just top with your favorite fruit. (Fresh or even pie filling as I used.)
If you want this to be low carb, you could do the pecan meal crust I used in my ricotta tart, use the plain greek yogurt and replace regular sugar with your favorite sugar replacement.
How amazing does that look? And so yummy!
Apple and Yogurt Breakfast Tart
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it!Print
This Apple and Yogurt Tart is so simple to make and is great as a delicious snack, dessert and yes, even breakfast!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups Yoplait Apple Crisp yogurt (or any flavor you prefer)
- 1/4 tsp allspice (only use for apple tart.)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Fruit, pie filling and/or whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, combine graham crackers, butter and sugar. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a tart pan with removable bottom, (mine was 14 x 5.)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- In a small glass measuring cup or mixing bowl, add gelatin to water; let stand for a few minutes to soften.
- Microwave on high for 20 seconds to dissolve gelatin, stir.
- In a larger bowl, mix together yogurt and milk, then whisk in gelatin.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.Chill at least 4 hours
- Remove tart from pan and top desired topping.
Slice and serve!