Christmas is almost here! I have been busy working on a few handmade gifts for our neighbors, friends and family. These Stamped Tile Coasters are an easy project that takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
We have a box of 4 X 4 tumbled Travertine tiles in the garage left over from our kitchen back-splash project. I’ve been saving them because I knew I wanted to make some tile coaster gift sets.
I’ve seen tile coasters made in all different ways, but I decided to just do what seemed easiest to me. I already had all of the supplies on hand and I thought these would blend easily into any decor.
- 4 x 4 natural stone tiles, tumbled would be best since the edges will be soft and rounded. The tiles I used sell for 22 cents a piece an our local Floor and Decor.
- Permanent stamp ink, I used StazOn.
- Modge Podge or a sealer made for natural stone. (I used a stone sealer leftover from our tile project.)
- Felt or rubber bumpers
- Pretty Ribbon
1. Clean the tiles with a damp paper towel, and let dry completely.
2. Ink up your stamp and press firmly to the tile. (I used this French Script wooden stamp.)
I did a two layer stamped image, so if you do this too, make sure the ink is dry on the first image and repeat the process. The StazOn ink only takes a few seconds to dry. I really love the clear stamps for stuff like this. I was able to play around until I found just the right placement.
3. Once the ink is dry, apply your chosen sealer by following the product’s directions. I just dabbed the stone sealer on with a paper towel, waited 15 minutes and added another coat.
4. Add the felt or rubber bumpers to the bottom of the tile.
5. Dress up the tiles with a pretty ribbon and gift tag, and you’re done!
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: