Everybody loves a Rice Krispy treat, but have you ever had one made with Rice Krispies and Golden Grahams? Talk about a delicious combination, this one is hard to resist- almost like a S’more wrapped up in a yummy treat. (I certainly tried to resist these- it helps when you have a bunch of ravenous boys scouts to help get rid of sweet treats!)
A few weeks back, we had a boy scout get together at our house to work on building their “Cubmobile” (a little go cart type car). I wanted to make a yummy snack for all the boys, something really yummy…
Don’t they look delicious? And don’t worry, they are just as easy to make as regular Rice Krispy Treats!
And just for fun, I sprinkled the tops with a few mini chocolate chips and torn up marshmallows!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Golden Grahams Rice Krispies Treats:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
Golden Graham Rice Krispies Treats: as easy to make as regular Rice Krispy Treats, but oh so much tastier!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows or 40 (1 10 oz bag,) large marshmallows
- 6 1/2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 3/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- optional: handful of chocolate chips and torn up marshmallows to sprinkle across the top
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add both cereals. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or damp hands evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cool for a few minutes and sprinkle with optional toppings if desired.
- Cut into squares and serve!
Looking for more yummy treats? Be sure to check out: