I finished up this little Halloween dress yesterday just in time for us to go outside a take a few pictures before the sun went down. It turned out so cute! I had bought the purple fabric last year to make her a dress, but never got around to it, so I wanted to be sure to finish the dress early this year. (I also made it a little big so she will be able to wear it next year and maybe the year after too.) The coordinating fabrics came from a Riley Blake fat quarter set I bought last month.
If you would like to make a similar dress, you can use my free peasant dress pattern, found here: peasant dress pattern I shirred the sleeve edges instead of inserting elastic. I love the way the shirring makes the sleeve edge ruffle up. TaDa! Creations has a great tutorial for adding the ruffle and bottom band.
I debated on whether to use the green polka dot fabric as the bottom band or an orange polka dot. In the end I went with the green since I already had the coordinating ribbon in my stash. Plus, (you can’t really see it in the photos) the cats eyes are the same color green.
|Photo bomb… Had to include this one too!|
Next on my list are some Halloween themed shorts for my son and I have one other project in mind for the fat quarter set. It’s a surprise, hopefully I will get it finished soon to show off for you later this week!
I will be linking up to some of the fabulous linky parties listed here. Check ’em out if you have a chance!