I finished another Halter Dress for my Daughter. The pattern ws very simple and it came out pretty cute:
I used McCall’s 5419 view F. It is a simple pattern, only 3 pieces. Though I did have to make several adjustments to get it right…
First I sewed in the back elastic good and tight! Back-stitching several times and securing it really well… Then, of course, the elastic was too tight. I was able to pick the seam out on one side, but I had to just cut the elastic out on the other side.
Then I decided to add the bottom ruffle to give the dress a little more interest. I planned to cut 2 to 3 inches off before I added the ruffle, but I forgot. No way I am taking off that ruffle and reattaching it, so now it is a maxi-dress. (This is a good thing anyway now it will still fit next year as a dress and not a tunic-top.)
I also decided to add a little loop to the back of the halter so we could criss-cross it on her back to give the dress a little more support over the shoulders instead of having it hang around her neck.
Here it is in action…
I will be linking up to the great linky parties listed here: