This Yummy Mac and Cheese Soup with Broccoli and Chicken is a super easy hearty soup recipe made with just pantry ingredients. Thick and creamy, this easy soup recipe is packed full of cheese, chicken, and pasta that the entire family will enjoy.
Easy Mac and Cheese Soup w/ Chicken and Broccoli
I have the best Mac and Cheese Soup recipe (with broccoli and chicken) to share with you today.
The recipe is good timing since it looks like we’re in for at least one more polar blast before winter is through with us. It will be the perfect weather for soup!
My kids love mac and cheese. (Oh, who am I kidding, I love mac and cheese too!) And when it’s cold outside there’s nothing better than a hearty bowl of this Easy Mac and Cheese Soup with Broccoli and Chicken.
Looks yummy, doesn’t it? This soup is so easy, it comes together in very little time, with just a few items from your pantry and fridge/freezer.
Now for the big question…
Can I Leave Out the Broccoli in this Mac and Cheese Soup?
Of course! This soup is just as good without broccoli and the kids will probably appreciate it more anyway, lol. (If you are worried about the children not eating veggies, this would be a great recipe to sneak in some pureed squash or other light, bland veggie.
If you make this recipe, be sure to come back and let us know how it turned out!Print
Mac and Cheese soup is thick, creamy, and packed full of cheese, chicken, and pasta that the entire family will enjoy.
- 1 box deluxe type macaroni and cheese (the kind with cheese sauce in a pouch)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped (you can use fresh, just pre-steam it in the microwave)
- 1.5 tsp onion powder OR onion flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can condensed cheddar soup
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- Cook macaroni as directed on package and drain.
- Mix soup, water, onion powder and milk together in a large saucepan, over medium heat until thoroughly combined.
- Add cooked macaroni, cheese sauce from pouch, chicken and broccoli to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
Want more soup ideas to warm you up? Be sure to check these out: