My kids love mac and cheese (and so do I) and when it’s cold outside there’s nothing better than a hearty bowl of this Easy Mac and Cheese Soup with Broccoli and Chicken.
I have the best Mac and Cheese Soup recipe (with broccoli and chicken) to share with you today. The recipe is good timing since it looks like we’re in for at least one more polar blast before winter is through with us. We were in the 80’s this weekend but, with this next front, we’ll be lucky if Wednesday’s highs get much above freezing.
Perfect weather for soup.
Looks yummy, doesn’t it? Funny thing, I just recently ordered some replacement forks and spoons from Oneida, and how shiny are these new spoons? You can totally see me and the basketball goal reflected in the spoon… (Maybe I should have changed out of my pj bottoms…)
This soup is so easy, it comes together in very little time, with just a few items from your pantry and fridge/freezer.
Easy Mac and Cheese Soup w/ Chicken and Broccoli
(adapted from Pampered Chef)
- 1 box deluxe type macaroni and cheese (the kind with cheese sauce in a pouch)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped (you can use fresh, just pre-steam it in the microwave)
- 1.5 tsp onion powder OR onion flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can condensed cheddar soup
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- Cook macaroni as directed on package and drain.
- Mix soup, water, onion powder and milk together in a large saucepan, over medium heat until thoroughly combined.
- Add cooked macaroni, cheese sauce from pouch, chicken and broccoli to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh ground pepper and salt to taste