Mini Conversation Heart Cupcakes – the perfect little bite of chocolate for your next Valentine’s Day Party or playdate!
One of the gifts we got for Christmas this year was a Babycakes Mini Cupcake maker. Oh my gosh! The entire family is in love with this thing!
So far the kids and I have made Funfetti cupcakes, carrot cake cupcakes and this past weekend, we made these adorable mini conversation heart cupcakes. The mini size of these cupcakes are just the perfect little bite of cupcake! We’ll definitely be making them again since these conversation heart cupcakes are the perfect treat to bring to school for our Valentine’s Day party!
My plan was to use a recipe from the book that came with the cupcake maker since their recipes are sized down to make fewer cupcakes. It never fails, the moment I need something important, I can never find it!
I ended up using a basic chocolate cupcake recipe. Rather that sizing the recipe down for just a few cupcakes, I made the recipe as written and froze the rest of the batter for later use. Did you know you can freeze cake batter?
You can freeze the batter in freezer bags or in throw-away baking tins. Or do what I did; spoon the batter into the mini muffin cups on (set them on a cookie sheet) and freeze. Once the muffin cups are frozen, toss them into a gallon sized freezer bag.)
[irp]Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Mini Conversation Heart Cupcakes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Baking Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- optional: sprinkles, conversation hearts, babycakes cupcake maker
For the oven (regular cupcake size)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line about 30 muffin cups (2-1/2 inch in diameter) with paper or foil baking cups.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Fill cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely in pans on wire rack
Instructions for Babycakes Mini Cupcake maker:
- Preheat the cupcake maker and line with mini cupcake liners:
- Fill the cupcake liners almost top of the liner. They come out more round this way, I just used my pampered chef medium scoop.
- Close lid and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from cupcake maker and allow to cool.
- Top with your favorite frosting, sprinkles and Conversation Hearts!
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
*This post was originally published jan 2013.