This Easy DIY New Year’s Resolution Photo Booth is perfect for your New Year’s Eve get-together!
I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before, but one of my kids is a New Year’s baby! It’s actually kinda funny – turns out, New Year’s Eve is an exciting time to be delivering in a hospital. There’s a bit of competition that goes on between hospitals on which one has the first baby of the New Year and its fun to be a part of that (fun once you get your epidural. that is.) Once again, my hospital did not “deliver.” 😉 My baby ended up being baby #2 that year in Austin.
Having your birthday on a major holiday is not necessarily the most fun, but if I were going to choose a holiday to have a birthday on, New Year’s would be it. The plus side is, you’re almost always guaranteed to be involved in some sort of party. (And if you’re extra lucky, you might even get two celebrations; one on New Year’s and another when school is back in session.)
Now that the kids are a little older, we like to try to celebrate a bit for New Year’s. Sometimes we’ll have people over, and other times we’ve attended someone else’s get-together. This year’s a bit different. We’re going to go out of town and visit family for the holiday. They’re already planning a New Year’s celebration, and I volunteered to bring my instant camera and set up a New Year’s Resolution Photo Booth for the party. I just love the idea of a photo booth at a party. Having fun and acting silly in the picture is great entertainment, and if you can print instantly, the photos also make a wonderful party favor! Since it’s for a New Year’s party, my theme for the photo booth is “New Year’s Resolutions.” Thank you to Balloon Time® for sponsoring this post. The opinions and text are all mine.
Making this photo booth is super easy. To put it together, I used a Balloon Time® Helium Tank to fill my balloons. Being able to DIY my own helium balloons is such a time and money saver! The best part is I’m able to fill the balloons at home or on-site at any celebration location.
Supply list for a New Year’s Resolution Photo Booth:
- Balloon Time® Helium Tank (FYI the Balloon Time® Standard Tank comes with 30 balloons and the string)
- Balloons to fit your color theme (Make sure your balloons are rated for helium- there is a difference, and the incorrect balloons will not last as long.)
- Chalkboard, chalk marker and regular chalk
- optional: Sheet or another backdrop, command strips/clips to hang your backdrop, banner or other fun wall decor to fit your theme, a chair if needed
Steps to set up photo booth
1. Fill balloons and tie off. (plan about 20 minutes for this.) Add string – length required will depend on whether you are using a chair or doing a standing photo booth. We went with a chair since this photo booth is for children and adults. (Made it easier to place the balloons at a level for both tall and short people.)
2. Gather balloons in groups of three and tape to walls, chairs and floor to create varying levels of balloons.
3. Add “This year I will” (or something similar) to your chalkboard with the chalk marker. (I recommend a chalk marker for this because the markers have better-staying power and will be less likely to get erased with multiple uses.
4. Provide regular chalk and each person can add their own resolution for their photo!
We had so much fun putting together the balloon backdrop for the photo booth. It’s definitely an activity the entire family can participate in. How about you, have you ever included a photo booth at a get-together? Was it a hit with everyone? Sound off in the comments below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Balloon Time. The opinions and text are all mine.