How to Make a New Year’s Resolution Photo Booth
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Easy DIY New Year’s Resolution Photo Booth is a perfectly easy photo booth idea for your New Year’s Eve get-together!
Thank you to Balloon Time® for sponsoring this post. The opinions and text are all mine.
New Year’s Resolution Photo Booth
I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before, but one of my kids is a New Year’s baby!
It’s actually kinda funny – turns out, New Year’s Eve is an exciting time to be delivering in a hospital. There’s quite a bit of competition that goes on between hospitals within a city on which delivers the first baby of the New Year. It’s exciting to be a part of that (once you get your epidural that is, lol.)
But alas, once again, my hospital did not “deliver.” 😉
It was close, but my lil missy decided to put the brakes on at the end, and she ended up being baby #2 that year in Austin.
Having your birthday on a major holiday is not necessarily the most fun, but if I were going to choose a holiday to have a birthday on, New Year’s would be it.
The plus side is, you’re almost always guaranteed to be involved in some sort of party. (And if you’re extra lucky, you might even get two celebrations; one on New Year’s and another when school is back in session.)
We’re celebrating the new year differently this year as we’ll be heading out of town to visit family for the holiday. They’re already planning a New Year’s party, and I volunteered to bring my instant camera and set up a New Year’s Resolution Photo Booth.
Photo Booths Make the Best Addition to a Party!
I just love the idea of a photo booth at a party. Having fun and acting silly in the picture is great entertainment, and if you can print instantly, the photos also make a wonderful party favor! Since it’s for a New Year’s party, my theme for the photo booth is “New Year’s Resolutions.”
Supply list to make your own New Year’s Resolution Photo Booth:
- Backdrop and stand and clips. (I linked to the stand I use, but you could just tape your backdrop to the wall)
- Balloon Time® Helium Tank (FYI the Balloon Time® Standard Tank comes with 30 balloons and the string)
- Balloons to fit your color theme (Make sure your balloons are rated for helium- there is a difference, and the incorrect balloons will not last as long.)
- Optional accessories: Welcome sign Chalkboard, chalk markers, resolution boards, hats, photo booth props
How to Set Up the Photo Booth
1. Fill balloons and tie off. (plan about 20 minutes for this.) I used a Balloon Time® Helium Tank to fill my balloons. (DIYing your own helium balloons is a real money saver. )
2. Add string – length required will depend on whether you are using a chair or doing a standing photo booth. We went with a chair since this photo booth is for children and adults. (Made it easier to place the balloons at a level for both tall and short people.)
3. Gather balloons in groups of three and tape to backdrop/walls, chairs and floor to create varying levels of balloons.
4. Add “This year I will” (or something similar) to your chalkboard with the chalk marker. (I recommend a chalk marker for this because the markers have better-staying power and will be less likely to get erased with multiple uses.
5. Provide regular chalk and each person can add their own resolution for their photo!
We had so much fun putting together the balloon backdrop for the photo booth. It’s definitely an activity the entire family can participate in. How about you, have you ever included a photo booth at a get-together? Was it a hit with everyone? Sound off in the comments below!
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.
This is such a cute idea and I love the balloons!
What a fun idea!
I love how easy this makes blowing balloons up, and this New Year’s photo booth is adorable. I love the idea.
What a great idea! I love your chair too. I may copy this idea for my family!
I am totally loving this photo booth idea! So cost friendly and it looks like so much fun!.
PS I also had a baby that was the 2nd of the year, but she was born on Jan 2nd (small town, lol)
This is such a fun idea. I know my family would love this photo booth for our New Years gathering!
LOVE LOVE that photo booth! How cool is that balloon time kit! LOVE it! And btw all your resolutions are awesome!