Skinny Parmesan Baked Chicken is a lightened-up version of Parmesan chicken. This easy chicken recipe is baked in the oven and is extra flavorful and juicy with a crunchy topping.
I did a sponsored post for Hellmann’s a few weeks ago. Part of the “assignment” was to browse their recipes and find one to feature. I used their chicken salad recipe for the post, but I also came across a very yummy-looking recipe for Parmesan Crusted Chicken.
I made an easy substitution to make the dish lighter and the entire family really enjoyed the dish.
To lighten up the recipe, I replaced most of the mayo with yogurt and used half the amount of bread crumbs. You would never know this is a lightened-up version unless I told you!
Give it a try!Print
- 3/8 cup of low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup of mayonnaise (I just filled a 1/2 cup 3/4 way with the yogurt and then the rest of the way with the mayo)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1–1/4 lbs.)
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine the mayo, Greek yogurt, and Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
- Arrange chicken on a baking sheet. Evenly top with yogurt mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs and Italian seasoning.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Keywords: parmesan chicken
Looking for more lightened-up recipes? Be sure to check these out: