This one pot, Pork Tenderloin with Bacon and Apples recipe is so easy to make and just so darn good, your family will request it again and again! The combination of apples, spices and bacon, is perfect for fall and makes for a deliciously savory, with just a touch of sweetness, main dish!
Thank you to Idahoan for partnering with me on this post. Although it’s sponsored, the recipe, photos and opinions are all mine!
One of our goals as a family is to have more sit down, at the actual dinner table, dinners. (As opposed to the kids sitting at the breakfast bar and hubby and I standing across from them in the kitchen to eat.)
I know for many families, Sundays are the perfect day for a sit-down dinner. For us, Sundays are the days we tend to get out and do things as a family, which of course leads to a rushed Sunday evening and no time for a traditional Sunday dinner. Mid-week works best for us, but that also means I need meal plans and recipes that are fairly easy to prep and fast to cook. You might be surprised to know that this meal of pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes actually came together in about 35 minutes! (Pork tenderloin actually cooks fairly fast.)
Everyone’s favorite side dish for this type of meal is mashed potatoes. My secret for delicious mashed potatoes that taste as good as if I peeled, boiled, and mashed them myself? Idahoan Signature Russets! (The secret to the great taste of new Idahoan Signature Russets mashed potatoes is that their potatoes are grown to perfection in warm summer days with cool nights in Idaho’s rich volcanic soil.)
The new Idahoan Russets are so delicious, that when served as part of a weekday dinner, they make any meal taste like Sunday! The Signature Russet Mashed Potatoes have a smooth taste, like homemade mashed potatoes with a hint of butter and cream. Plus they take only 5 minutes!
[irp]Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Pork Tenderloin with Bacon and Apples
The combination of apples, spices and bacon is a perfect complement to the pork and makes for a deliciously savory, with just a touch of sweetness, main dish!
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 large pork tenderloin (about 1.5 to 2.5lbs)
- 10 strips of uncooked bacon, diced
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 to 3 baking apples, halved w/ cores removes (use as many as your dish will fit.)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Heat olive oil in oven-safe skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
3. Sprinkle pork with pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper.
4. Add bacon and pork to pan, searing pork on all 4 sides til browned (about 5 minutes.) Be sure to stir bacon around to prevent burning.
5. Turn off heat
6. Add apples to dish, cut side up, topping each apple with a slice of butter
7. Transfer Dish to oven and bake about 25 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 145 F.
8. Let pork rest a few minutes. Slice and serve with Apples and Idahoan Signature Russets Mashed Potatoes.
Leave a comment below letting us know what’s your favorite main dish to serve with Mashed Potatoes?
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
I’ve partnered with Idahoan on this sponsored post and all opinions stated are my own.