These Sprinkle Dipped, Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect patriotic dessert for the kids to make!
The kids and I have been busy crafting for the upcoming Fourth of July holiday. We’ve been making shoelace bracelets, beaded t-shirts, embellished flip flops, and this afternoon, we made these adorable Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches.
And yes, they definitely taste as good as they look!
If you do one thing in the kitchen this summer with the kids or grandkids, these little sprinkle-dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches are a must make. They are so quick and easy; the kids will have a blast dipping the sandwiches into the sprinkles and then eating them too!
All you need to make these Red white and blue Ice cream sandwiches
- Premade Ice cream Sandwiches | Like these or these. (If you use the mini size, just cut in half.)
- Sprinkles | I found these red, white, and blue sprinkles at Wal-Mart (along with the popsicle sticks and ice cream sandwiches) but Amazon always has a great selection of sprinkles too, if you like to order online.
- Popsicle sticks | Optional.
This simple sweet treat is the perfect hands-on project for the kids, plus depending on the sprinkles you chose, they can be a great little party craft for almost any occasion.
To make the treats, cut the sandwiches into 2 to 3 pieces (leave the paper on when cutting – you’ll avoid getting fingerprints on the sandwiches.) If you want to add a popsicle stick, just press the popsicle sticks all the way through the sandwich.
Dip the sandwich into a bowl of sprinkles. Don’t forget to add a bit more to the top.
Place the ice cream sandwiches on a flat tray and return to the freezer for about an hour to firm back up.
Eat them right away!
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week! Print
- Premade Ice cream Sandwiches
- Popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Cut the sandwiches into 2 to 3 pieces (leave the paper on when cutting – you’ll avoid getting fingerprints on the sandwiches.)
- If you want to add a popsicle stick, just press the popsicle sticks all the way through the sandwich.
- Dip the sandwich into a bowl of sprinkles, turning so you cover all sides. Use your hands to add more sprinkles to any areas that nees to add a bit more.
- Place the sandwiches on the lined baking sheet and return them to the freezer until the sandwiches re-harden.
That’s it, enjoy!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.