The combination of Fresh, Sweet Roasted Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream is the ultimate summer dessert!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Last weekend, we took a drive out of town to check out a used travel trailer for sale. The trailer ended up not being exactly what we were looking for so we passed on the trailer, but what we couldn’t pass on, was a half bushel of gorgeous, sun-ripened, and freshly picked Peaches.
We’ve been eating the peaches all week long and hopefully, we’ll have enough left for me to whip up a batch of fresh peach jam.
From cobblers to cakes, to ice cream; there are so many ways to use peaches in desserts. One of my favorites I’ve made so far is this Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream recipe.
If you have never tried Roasted Peaches, you definitely need to grab some peaches the next time you are out and give them a try! Roasting peaches is a wonderful way to make them more tender and juicy. Roasting takes the tart edge off while still keeping an intense peach flavor.
Add a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream and you will be in peach heaven, lol!
What took this recipe from simple to outstanding was the addition of the Honeycomb. (This particular recipe was created by celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone to celebrate Breyers® 150th birthday. )
It’s not the honeycomb you think of in a beehive, it’s actually an airy, crunchy candy made with honey, sugar, and baking powder.
Truthfully, I was a little bit concerned with my ability to get this candy to turn out, (based on previous candy experiments. lol) but I needn’t have worried. It was so easy and actually kind of cool to see how the addition of baking powder affected the candy. (I do recommend using a candy thermometer if you have one.)
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream
Serves: 8 / Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 20 minutes cooling time / Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches, halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant nd moist. Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13×9-inch baking dish. Pour 2/3 cup water into dish. Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble. Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool. Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon 1/2 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls. Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices. Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!