The combination of Fresh, Sweet Roasted Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream is the ultimate summer dessert! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Last weekend, we took a drive out of town to check out a used travel trailer for sale. The trailer ended up not being exactly what we were looking for so we passed on the trailer, but what we couldn’t pass on, was a half bushel of gorgeous, sun ripened and freshly picked Peaches. We’ve been eating the peaches all week long and hopefully we’ll have enough left for me to whip up a batch of fresh peach jam.
From cobblers, to cakes, to ice cream; there are so many ways to use peaches in desserts. One of my favorites I’ve made so far is this Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream recipe. This particular recipe was created by celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone to celebrate Breyers® 150th birthday. (Curtis and Lindsay are creating 12 fun, family-friendly recipes featuring Breyers® Natural Vanilla. )
What you might not know about the Breyers® Natural Vanilla is that they use only milk and cream from American cows not treated with artificial growth hormones* Plus all Breyers vanilla is real and from sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans.
What took this recipe from simple to outstanding was the addition of the Honeycomb. It’s not the honeycomb you think of in a beehive. It’s actually an airy, crunchy candy made with honey, sugar and baking powder. Truthfully, I was a little bit concerned with my ability to get this candy to turn out, (based on previous candy experiments. lol) but I needn’t have worried. It was so easy and actually kind of cool to see how the addition of baking powder affected the candy. (I do recommend using a candy thermometer if you have one.)
Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream
Serves: 8 / Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 20 minutes cooling time / Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches, halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant nd moist. Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13×9-inch baking dish. Pour 2/3 cup water into dish. Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble. Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool. Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon 1/2 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls. Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices. Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.