Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Hot Chocolate Popcorn is the perfect salty and sweet afternoon snack!
Thanks to Pop Secret for partnering with me to share this yummy recipe for a salty and sweet Hot Cocoa Popcorn treat!
The weather has been keeping us indoors lately… If it’s not the cold and rain keeping us in, then its the crazy wind whipping up all the cedar pollen and sending our allergies into overdrive. (I’m not actually sure which is worse…)
We were off school for a holiday on Monday, so to keep the kids entertained and away from tv’s and electronics we decided to make a pillow fort!
You can’t see it in this picture, but our pillow fort has all the comforts of home.
They’ve got everything you can think of in there, bean bag chairs, lamps, blankets, pillows, drawing materials, toys, books, all our stuffed animal friends and best of all…
A yummy Sweet and Salty Hot Chocolate Popcorn snack made with Pop Secret Popcorn!
The kids loved the popcorn treat and I love that it took no more than 5 minutes to throw together!
- 1 bag of popped popcorn
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Cook popcorn according to package instructions.
- Combine Cocoa, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Working quickly, while popcorn is still warm, Add popcorn to large bowl and sprinkle with cocoa mixture, mini chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Stir until popcorn is coated and everything is combined.
*shortcut substitution – sub 3 tbs of hot cocoa mix for the cocoa and sugar.