Make these Pinch Proof Rice Krispy Treats for your St. Patrick’s Day Celebration!
Spring Break starts today, whoo-hoo!!!! That means 9 glorious mornings for me to sleep in, yea! (BTW, I think whoo-hoo looks funny spelled woo-hoo. What do you think?) Since St. Patrick’s day falls during Spring Break this year, I figured we should get started early with the festivities. I have new shamrock cookie cutter, and what’s more fun than Shamrock Rice Krispy Treats?
The decision to make Rice Krispy Treats may or may not have been heavily influenced by the 3+ bags of mini marshmallows I found after organizing my pantry… But really, who is going to say no to Rice Krispy Treats?
The cookie cutter was fairly large. I was able to cut out 6 shamrocks and then just pressed the leftovers back into the pyrex dish and cut squares.
Doesn’t the addition of the green M and M’s make for and an adorable and springy looking treat? And that little shamrock sprinkle… So cute! The kids loved having these in their lunch boxes today.
Ok, just in case the rice krispy treat recipe is not on the back of your cereal box or marshmallows here is the basic recipe:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) large Marshmallows (or 4 cups mini-marshmallows)
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 3/4 cup of candy coated chocolate
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated and slightly cool.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into desired shape.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Like these treats and want to save them for later? Pin it here ==>>