Spring Break starts today, whoo-hoo!!!! That means 9 glorious mornings for me to sleep in, yea! (BTW, I think whoo-hoo looks funny spelled woo-hoo. What do you think?) Since St. Patrick’s day falls during Spring Break this year, I figured we should get started early with the festivities. I have new shamrock cookie cutter, and what’s more fun than Shamrock Rice Krispy Treats?
The decision to make Rice Krispy Treats may or may not have been heavily influenced by the 3+ bags of mini marshmallows I found after organizing my pantry… But really, who is going to say no to Rice Krispy Treats?
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) large Marshmallows (or 4 cups mini-marshmallows)
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 3/4 cup of candy coated chocolate
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated and slightly cool.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into desired shape.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Enjoy!Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: