This post is sponsored by Pillsbury, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
It’s that time of the year – delicious home-baked goodies for everyone as the Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest is back!! This year marks the 48th year of the Contest and to celebrate the kickoff, I’m sharing this amazingly delicious recipe using Crescent Rolls an easy Tomato, Bacon, Avocado Galette.
The Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest is back, and I’m excited to be teaming up with Pillsbury to celebrate by sharing fabulous recipes made with Pillsbury Products and the fun family memories that go with them!
You can enter the Contest today for a chance to win and show off all your delicious recipe creations. The Bake-Off® Contest is currently accepting entries for original recipes and the family memories, stories or inspiration behind the recipe.
I’m working on my goal of more quality time with the kids and cooking and prepping meals in the kitchen is a great way for us to spend time together.
Lately, my ‘lil missy has really been getting into cooking doing more to help in the kitchen. (Including loading the dishwasher – woohoo!!!) She always enjoys working on dinner with me. Her favorite things to make (other than desserts, of course) are pizzas and noodle recipes. Personally, I prefer the pizzas. They’re quicker to make and require much less effort and clean up! For today’s recipe, I recruited her as the official “food sprinkler” for this Tomato, Bacon and Avocado Galette. (And let’s face it, even though I’m calling this recipe a Galette, the kids still consider it a pizza, lol.)
I’m definitely all about using shortcuts when possible – things like pre-cut onions, frozen pre-cooked potatoes, store-bought pie crusts, biscuits, and cake mixes. To me, it’s more about the saving time and focusing my energy on more important stuff, like quality time with the kids.
This simple and savory Galette makes a perfect appetizer or light dinner. Because it’s made with Pillsbury Crescent dough, the assembly is a breeze. (Plus you can never go wrong with any recipe on crescent roll crust!!) The flavors of the salty, crispy bacon combine with the sweet cherry tomatoes and creamy avocados for a deliciously addictive treat. My little taste testers gave this recipe a definite thumbs up. (With a comment saying the crust was the best part, although I thought it was all yummy!)
All you need for this Easy Tomato, Bacon and Avocado Galette recipe is five ingredients: cheese, tomatoes, avocado, bacon and Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls. The recipe is perfect for the Pillsbury Bake-Off® category, Appetizers for any Party.
Do you have a family-favorite, original recipe to share? Be sure to submit your recipe and story to the Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest by 11/10/17 for a chance to win. There will be four category winners (Cozy Breakfasts, Appetizers for Any Party, Dinners with Heart and No-Fuss Desserts) who will win a trip to New York and the grand prize winner will receive a kitchen makeover from GE Appliances, $50,000 in cash, and appear on an episode of The Kitchen, as well as in Food Network Magazine! (View Official Contest Rules here.)
Tomato, Bacon and Avocado Galette
- 1 Pillsbury Crescents Original 8ct (If you can find the crescent dough sheet – that works even better)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheese (your favorite variety)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes cut into slices
- 4 pieces of precooked bacon
- 1 ripe avocado
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spread crescent dough out on a lightly oiled baking sheet, pressing perforated seams together to form a solid crust.
- Sprinkle cheese on crust, leaving a 2 inch border around the edge of the crust.
- Top the cheese with sliced tomatoes, 1/2 of the avocado and 3/4 of the bacon (set extra aside for garnish).
- Fold the edges of the crescent crust over, towards toppings.
- Bake for 12 to 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and the crust is golden brown. (Start checking at the 12-minute mark, since everything is precooked, you’re really just looking for the crust to cook all the way through.)
- Remove from pan, slice into squares and enjoy!
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: