We had a our meet the teacher night last night, and everyone is very excited for the new school year to start!(Though I am not looking forward to the early morning routine, we definitely need to work on our organization and timely-ness. It was easy with just one child, but I think my little girl is about to make it 3 times harder…)
I put together this quick Microwave Pecan Praline Sauce for teacher gifts. The sauce is so yummy, makes a perfect topping over vanilla ice cream and cheesecake.
I couldn’t wait, and had a scoop of ice cream with the sauce as soon as it was done! It is very rich and delicious, just like a pecan praline. (Creamy pecan pralines are my very favorite candy.)
Looks good doesn’t it? Makes a fabulous gift for anybody, any time!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 7 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- Put pecans and 3 Tablespoons butter in microwave safe dish.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring twice. Watch closely and be careful to not burn the pecans!
- Put rest of butter in separate microwave safe dish and melt in microwave.
- Whisk in brown sugar, and flour, and syrup til blended.
- Cook on high 6-8 minutes, stirring twice until the sugar is dissolved and thick.
- Mix in Evaporated milk and stir until well combined.
- Combine pecan/butter mixture with the milk/sugar mixture.
- Store in refrigerator, makes 3 cups.
I topped the jar with some pretty fabric and bakers twine, then added a tag that said: Here is to a “sweet” school year!
If this is your kind of recipe, you may want to follow along. (I would love to have you as a follower!) You can subscribe using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: