I love fajitas! What I don’t love is having to stand over a hot grill when it is 100 degrees outside to cook the fajitas.
I saw something about baked fajitas recently and the idea stuck with me. After googling “fajitas in the oven” and found that everyone was pretty much using the same recipe, I figured the fajitas must be good.
I had 5 pounds of chicken breasts in the freezer and decided to cook it all up as fajitas and portion the meat to freeze for future dinners.
The fajitas were fabulous and really very easy! My 7 year old complemented the meal more than once and that says a lot…
Want to give it a try yourself? Here is the recipe:
Oven Baked Fajitas:
- 1 to 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
1. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with oil, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: